IGNORED

Design a PC/Server for ROON and HQ Player

sgr

This is so far what i have been planning in order to build a powerful PC for HQplayer:

* Intel 7th Gen i7-7700K Intel Core Desktop Processor

* Samsung 850 EVO Solid State Drive (SSD), 500 GB, M.2, 3.5"

* Asrock H270M-ITX/ac Intel H270 LGA1151 Mini ITX - (DDR4-SDRAM, DIMM, 2133,2400 MHz, Dual, 4GB,8GB,16GB, 32 GB

* ASUS STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING Graphic Card GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

* Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz memory (DDR4, PC/server, 288-pin DIMM, 4 x 8 GB, Intel X99, Intel Skylake

* Corsair SF600 High Performance SFX Power Supply 

* NZXT S340 - (Full-Tower, PC, 2.5, 3.5", 120, 140 mm, ABS, SECC, 1x 120 mm)

Is anything left to take in count, is this config good enough to perform DSD512?

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys,

Is anyone already using the AMD RYZEN 7 3700X ?

For the moment i have been following the NUC path and im using a Mac mini as the Roon server and the NUC as the endpoint which i switch it fro  time to time to try Euphony or AL

I have been playing around with the idea of building a one machine to use AL or Euphony (or for server only) with this processor and a Mini ITX to use in a fanless case like the HDPLEX and be able to use my HDPLEX 200w to power it, perhaps my PH SR4 19v Could be used with a PCIE card or such or just leave it with the NUC

The plan of using the mi ni ITX is in order to the HDPLEX 200W be able to power it, maybe i'm wrong but so far it is what i have understood

Any suggestions ?

Thank you all

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

5 hours ago, lmitche said:

Over here, I am running AL/Roonserver on a Ryzen 7 2700 with an Asus B450M-I ITX motherboard powered by an HDPLEX 200 watt headless with no gpu.

The sq jump from my intel 6700k system was as “massive” a jump as I have heard.

I havern’t tried hqplayer upsampling yet. Currently the machine is idle during playback 99.7 percent of the time and runs cool at 29 degrees C. IDK what will happen to power demand with a processor intensive load like hqplayer, and would caution everyone to be careful to avoid overloading the hdplex supply.

Nevertheless this combo should work as these Ryzen cpus are both 65 watt parts. Also the Ryzen 7 3700x specs are very similar to the Ryzen 7 2700 so your results should be close to the same.

Thanks Larry,

Are you using a fanless case ?

Regards

• 6 months later...

Is anyone here trying powering a server with some different choices ?

Im powering my AMD RYZEN 7 3700X CPU direct from the HDPLEX 200W with its 12V output

and the ASUS ROG Strix X470-I MoBo thru the HDPLEX 800w DCATX converter, ( all cables are Ghent JSSG360 inside this server ).

Has anyone here tried different approach with good results ?

I think i will try connecting the CPU thru the HDPLEX 800w DCATX with the INPUT 2, whereas the Mobo is in its INPUT 1, thing is i will try it with the stock EPS cable that came with the HDPLEX H5 fanless case...

Suggestions ?

54 minutes ago, elan120 said:

Just curious, what would you be powering group-2 of the HDPlex 800W DC-ATX with?

I never thought about that, so i could not 😬

Even though i connected to the same INPUT 1 where the MOBO is connected and even with the stock Eps cable, i feel so far, that the job that the 800W DCATX does is better than connecting the HDPLEX 200w direct from its 12v output to the CPU even with the Ghent cable...

1 hour ago, elan120 said:

I recently done some experiments by first using one Keces P8 to power HDPlex 800W DC-ATX converter, and power the EPS on the motherboard, but still using the original Seasonic power supply for ATX with better result.  Later I added a second Keces P8 to power both group1 and group2 on HDPlex 800W DC-ATX converter, where group1 is powering ATX and group2 is powering EPS, and this brought even better result.  I could stop here, but decided to push the experiment a bit further, so I am now in a process to build a pair of power supplies to power both ATX and EPS directly without going through HDPlex 800W DC-ATX converter to see how well this is going work.  So far, based on what I have done, good quality power to EPS make more improvement than ATX, and this seems to be consistent with few other people I talked to.  If you can have top quality power supplies on both ATX and EPS, then this is a non-issue, but if you can only have one top quality power supply, then put that on EPS.

Thanks for the suggestions

14 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

I never thought about that, so i could not 😬

Even though i connected to the same INPUT 1 where the MOBO is connected and even with the stock Eps cable, i feel so far, that the job that the 800W DCATX does is better than connecting the HDPLEX 200w direct from its 12v output to the CPU even with the Ghent cable...

My impressions were wrong, i re-connected the Ghent JSSG360 to the HDPLEX 200W 12V output to connect the EPS direct and WOW the change is very very significant... i don't know maybe after a week of letting the cable to settle from new and being disconnected and reconnected again made it finally to open more, cause the sound was "dirt" with some glare in voices even yesterday before i made the change that i was believing was better or maybe because i changed the USB input of the MOBO, i dunno but now the sound is amazing, hoping it won't change...so far im satisfied and a JCAT USB card is still on the build soon

Hope this helps !!