IGNORED

SOtM iSO-CAT6 LAN Signal Noise Filter

Okay, decided to be the guinea pig for this.

Result: seems to clean up the sound a bit, make it a bit clearer and less flabby, slightly less soft sounding - in the good sense of that description.

I have no way of doing a proper BT with this, simply take it in and out of the system and compare - at same volume.

If you think the whole concept is BS, fine. Just reporting in.

The 6moons review does have some detail about how it works buried in the verbiage. 6moons audioreviews: SOtM iSO-CAT6

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 months later...
Okay, decided to be the guinea pig for this.

Result: seems to clean up the sound a bit, make it a bit clearer and less flabby, slightly less soft sounding - in the good sense of that description.

I have no way of doing a proper BT with this, simply take it in and out of the system and compare - at same volume.

If you think the whole concept is BS, fine. Just reporting in.

The 6moons review does have some detail about how it works buried in the verbiage. 6moons audioreviews: SOtM iSO-CAT6

Sorry to ask you but i don't understand what BT and BS are.. I'm a newbie and learning all things..

Sorry to ask you but i don't understand what BT and BS are.. I'm a newbie and learning all things..

BT = blind test (to exclude user bias)

BS = cow dung

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Is this any good if I am using only a Cat 5e cable from the router?

It comes with a very short high-end SOtM ethernet cable that is supposed to be on the "source" side. You can use whatever cable you want on the router side.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)