IGNORED

iDSD Pro

4est

On 9/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, Totsipaki said:

MQA is the most honest digital format and the only one that garrantees the provided quality

You drank the kool aid.

Nothing honest about it - it claims to be a hi-res master but is actually a 15-17 bit file that only goes above 96K through upsampling. Any MQA file telling you it is 24bit and 176k or above is lying to you.And this is after all the unfolding etc. 

Authenticated? By whom? In many (probably most) cases there is bulk conversion of albums to MQA format and the  "authentication" is done by a record label bureaucrat, not an artist, producer, etc. 

It's mostly marketing speak designed to fool the consumer. If you like how it sounds, that's fine. Just don't claim it's something it isn't. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, Totsipaki said:

Dear Firedog. I can see you are pretty passionate about disliking MQA but..

First and foremost we are off topic. Last but not least I have personally been convinced by how obviously superior than ANY other format It sounds and please spare me the tech I’d rather listen to music. 

I would rather believe a respectable company with a very impressive pioneering portfolio in digital sound than any hater or blogger who Thinks otherwise. 

So please lets keep focused on this very interesting dac by Ifi many people have been waiting for so long. The nice people of Ifi are listening very carefully and work hard to give listeners the choice to completely bybasss It so no worries. 

There is a specific topic for MQA debates in the forum for anyone interested. 

Thank you. 

I apologise for the off topic break. 

I am not passionate about disliking it; as a listening format I'm just not interested, because I haven't heard anything compelling when I listen to it.

I am passionate about correcting misinformation about it, especially misinformation designed to fool people. You can "believe" whatever you want, as long as you are willing not to deal with the facts that contradict your belief. 

And BTW, you were the one who seemed compelled to write a post saying it is "the most honest digital format"....

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

7 hours ago, rickca said:

Never saw a company so in love with its own shtick.

Schiit seems to be very in love with theirs, also.