IGNORED

Windows 10 optimization script - A community effort?

edbk

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, zackthedog said:

I'm coming to this thread for the first time because I need to use Win10 to build a little server/ripper for a friend.  I want to thank the original poster for his effort.  I was ready to cry because Server 2016 sounded so much better, but after doing these adjustments Win10 Home actually sounds better than Server 2016.  My question is:  Are the "scripts" that folks have posted actually scripts that can be run in PowerShell?  I wasn't sure so I did it the hard way. :(

Can these be copy-pasted into PowerShell or do I need to "create" a script?  I'm fairly proficient with command lines but this is new to me.  Any advice is welcome.  Many thanks again.

Yes, just copy and paste the script into powershell.  I've done this many times with success.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, jaynyc said:

HI, curious, is it safe to run these scripts via Remote Desktop (meaning, there is no local monitor, keyboard, mouse) connected to the music server-- can I run these optimization scripts without killing the ability to connect via Remote Desktop?

Run something like TeamViewer and you shouldn't have an issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 8:42 PM, rickca said:

Sounds ancient.  It was released to the insider program as a preview on April 29, 2015! 

10 hours ago, rickca said:

OK I asked him.  He says '10074 really does not cut it any more' because 'today it shows its very distinct flavor too much' (as opposed to neutrality).  He says his current favorite is 14393 but he hasn't tried anything more current than that.

Oh well, I guess I misunderstood his posting. Thanks !

• 1 year later...