IGNORED

Testing Pure Music 2.0

Same problem here, switched to JRiver.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

I'd suggest contacting Channel D support. Since I've never run into this problem, I have a feeling that it might be a configuration problem.

Are you running into this with AIFF or ALAC files? Are you up to date with version 2.0.4?

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Thanks for the reply.No not up to date just 2.0.2 and no ALAC files just a mix of mp3 and air

And just to confirm, these mp3 and aiff play just fine through iTunes, right?

How much RAM do you have in your Mac? And are you using "memory play?"

Just shooting in the dark here, so am still recommend that you contact channel-d support. Are you still in the trial period?

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

How do I change Ram Buffer size in Pure Music? I can't contact Channel-D because the software was give to me from a friend;) and I have no SN#. In Channel-D forum they say they addressed the issue with upgrades. I do like the enhanced play back it has compared to a few other i tried. What is Dragonfly?

Ah. I don't recommend you to use it if you don't have a license. And this may well be the reason you're having trouble.

If you can't afford PureMusic then why not try one of the cheaper players? For example BitPerfect is only $10 from the iTunes Store.

Dragonfly is an external USB DAC. It converts the digital stream to sound which you can then listen to via headphones or piped into your stereo system. Basically, a product like this replaces the 'sound card' installed in your computer and will almost always give a higher quality signal with less background noise.

The Audio Quest Dragonfly hits a very nice price point, for what it does, for about $160.