IGNORED

Music server software - again

Mipper

Once again a music server build question: Using Vista on a Dell laptop and DBPower for ripping, is Media monkey the best and least troublesome software to set up the library? I am using a Benchmark USB1 as my DAC (which, by the way is very very good). Any hints and pitfalls would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Mipper

I swear by MM. I've downloaded and tested many different players including iTunes, Songbird, WinAmp, Foobar, Windows Media Player, VLC, Realplayer and others. Mediamonkey (currently 3.1) has the best features and flexibility as well as add-ons (scripts). It's not troublesome to set up. Only downside is that it could be updated a bit more often.

There are 2 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

I concur. I have also tried J. River and a few others not listed above

In addition MM appears to be a "multitasking" program: for example, you can have it add lyrics to hundreds of songs WHILE you are doing something else in MediaMonkey. This is abig tome saver

There is alson an Addon program that allows you to stream wireless-ly to an Airport Express - great for the pool, secondary listening rooms, etc.

I have > 75K songs and MediaMonkey deals with them with aplomb.

Finally, the support forums are generally very helpful.