IGNORED

Windows 8.1 Everyday Optimization Settings

Hierge

I'm very impressed with the smart people on CA who have experimented with services and settings on Windows operating systems to optimize sound. I have started a Windows 2012 GUI build on a laptop, but haven't gotten farther than the basic install.

In the meantime, I am interested in optimization settings for Windows 8.1 that will simply improve the sound, but will allow me to continue using the system for mail, internet, etc. The script I looked at makes a lot of changes and it cannot be used for less than a full music server.

Has anyone developed a script or a list of optimizations that can be implemented on everyday systems? I want to optimize, but not create music servers on my other machines.

You might try Black Viper settings. Black Viper’s Windows 8.1 Service Configurations » Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

There is fairly good and clear documentation but it requires patience to evaluate and change each process setting. I have had good luck using this site, but I always take notes of any changes and create backups before making changes.

Thank you SO MUCH. I will report back when I check it out.

I've been using these scripts on a Win 8.1 renderer.

Computer Audio Design » Computer setup

Not sure how much they interfere w/day-to-day use of the unit since it's a dedicated box. On the other hand the uninstall is pretty trouble-free if you're unhappy with the outcome. I think it gives you the option of disabling Wi-Fi or not; for ordinary use you may want that left on.

Thank you so much. I will look at these too. !