IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Just noticed that there have been two updates to the conductor- 3.01 minor fixes and 3.1 seems to be mostly for W 20 SE compatibility. 

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

1 hour ago, Ponzi said:

The phenomena seems not to exist with vinyl, or to be much lower.  Also, I had the MSB Reference DAC in my house on loan for a while (it is a thing to beauty, BTW), and the glare seemed lower (even much lower) but not nonexistent. I would not have thought to single out the Harbeth  tweeters,  but that is worth looking into I suppose.  Let me add this too.  There are some recordings on which the glare is much worse, for example, Elisabeth Loenskaja's Chopin Nocturnes.  Mush less,  say, on Stewart Goodyear's "For Glenn Gould."  I hear it hardly at all on Angela Hewett's Art of the Fugue.

So one question might be:  Is recording the piano well tricky? 

It seems that you may have more than one contributor to your problem. If vinyl is better and the MSB is better, than one of the problems may be in the chain of cables and equipment leading to and including the speaker. Since the chain of of cables and equipment to and through your DAC seems to be a big contributor to the problem this may be your area of emphasis. You can always swap your cables (free if you use the Cable Company's lending library) but that may be your last recourse. Best of luck.

AND YES recording and reproducing the sound of a piano can be very difficult.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 1 month later...

Conductor version 3.3 was pushed yesterday:

V 3.3 - Rebased on October 11, 2019

• New & Improved Qobuz support

• View liner notes for Qobuz content in Conductor (when available - not every album on Qobuz has liner notes) (Requires iOS 11 or later.)
    • App now displays "E" icon indicating explicit content
    • Improved stability
  • Added support for TIDAL track & artist radio

• Long press on any track, artist or album to start track or artist radio.
  • Other improvements

• VoiceOver prompts are now streamlined and less verbose
    • Improved A100 volume control panel for direct output
    • Added detailed error message in case of a failed connection
    • Added Dutch and Turkish translations
    • Improved French and Polish translation
    • Improved other minor UI issues
    • Added an option to prompt confirmation when clearing queue
    • Long press to see extended Queue clearing options.
    • Supports iPad iOS 13.x dark mode
  • Bug Fixes

• Fixed Shoutcast genre browsing
    • Fixed crash upon "Restore default settings" command with and without deleting content
    • Fixed keyword is not maintained when change content source or view type in specific condition
    • Fixed many other small bugs
  • Ver.3.3.x will be the last major version to support iOS 9.3.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, biosailor said:

Priced according to its performance: right, but OVERPRICED according to its performance!

I just installed a USBridge Signature along with a Shanti LSP from Allo and the combo beats the Aurender N100H hands down! 500 Euros versus 3000 Euros for the smallest music server! And then you go up to, how much, 8000 Euros, to get a noticeable increase in SQ? Aurender is just plain overpriced!

For 500 Euros I get a for more resolving system than my Aurender N100H that is also flexible inasmuch as it can be tuned with the player of your choice. Aurender should think about the competition!

Hardly ever a good word about Aurender from you. 😁 I guess a little bit of salt is needed to get the recipe right. 

Honestly, your solution may sound better to you BUT for many people it is just too much of a hassle. Mixing/matching components, wires, power cords, etc. can often lead to inferior sound (even when you know what you are doing). I've tried many different devices and combinations trying to get great sound from my digital files; for my money the Aurender N10 (and a few other costly devices) is well worth the expense.

11 hours ago, jon2020 said:

Hi all,

I am curious as to whether others here may have shared my experience that high quality isolation footers significantly improve the SQ of their units, even with the lowly N100H.

I currently use Harmonix by Combak footers but hope to hear from others about their choices and what work best for them. Also, to Ari and Chris, whether they do recommend any particular make/model.

Many thanks in advance. 

Jon. 

I use Symposium Fat Padz and a multi-element Adona Audio shelf. Each improved the sound noticeably with the Fat Padz helping the most.

4 hours ago, bmichels said:

I would like to investigate those also because the Symposium Fat Padz are much cheaper than the HRS stuff.

Did you positioned the Symposium Fat Padz UNDER or ABOVE the W20 ? It seems they can be used booth way: as decoupler and as dampers !  how many Symposium Fat Padz do you use for the W20 ? 

I also read about Symposium Ultra Padz, have you considered them ?

i am using three under my N10. Two up front and one centered at the rear of the unit. I didn’t consider the ultra padz due to cost.

• Release History

V 3.3.56 released on Nov 1st 2019

• Fixed sometimes cannot scroll albums in album cover view

V 3.3.55 released on October 31st 2019

• Supports Spotify through Spotify Connect

• Fixed app doesn't start after "Rsset settings of the App"

• Fixed "Add to end" doesn't work for Track/Artist radio

• Other minor bug fixes

Also Aurender System Software goes to 4.18.125. Visit Aurender's site for details.

Well after the update I only get sound from 16/44 files. The front panel indicates the correct format (DSD, 24/192, etc) and the timing shows that the HDD is “playing” the music but the is no sound. I checked my Esoteric display and it only syncs to 16/44.  The only change was the update.

I recycled both Units but no joy. I noticed that the unit is now compatible with another DAC. I hope that this is a software error and will report it to Aurender.

6 hours ago, marslo said:

Good to know that the update improve SQ but I still wait for the explanation from Ari about the issues with hires playback.

Hires pcm and dsd files are essential for me.

PS Sorry for empty former post but I could not quot the post of jon2020.

I reported this earlier. I have an Esoteric F05 and you an N05. Seems the software developers broke something. A case study for software development course?

Like you, high res and DSD playback are important to me. I hope that this is not a case of too many products and not enough staff.

35 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I split the SGM discussion into its own topic.  

Thank you

I can once again play hires and DSD music. Thanks to all the Aurender folks that fixed the problem with Esoteric DACs.

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, bmichels said:

QUESTION : Is it possible to attach an external USB CD Reader to the W20 to RIP CDs ?   

If NOT, what RIPPING solution do you use best to feed your Aurender ?  Is a dedicated Hardware better than just a good PC/MAC Ripping software ? (today I use dBpowerAmp on My MacBook Pro.  Can I improve the quality of my RIPs ? )

thanks in advance for your advices.

I use dBpowerAmp on my computer and it seems fine. I make sure the CD is clean and I degauss before ripping. I also rip to uncompressed FLAC. I have done a few thousand CDs this way and the results are very good. I really don’t know if deguassing does much good but it is now part of the ritual and doesn’t appear to do any harm. 🖖🏽 YMMV.

8 hours ago, isquirrel said:

Could you explain your "degaussing" technique to us please?

I am interested. Thanks.

A bit off topic but: http://www.hifi-tuning.com/index_de.html these folks make a demagnetizer that I bought back in my "search for the best tweak" days. 

• 3 weeks later...

🤠 HAPPY HOLIDAYS and may your Aurenders’ cheer your spirits and please your ears. Auditory delight during  long listening periods. ✌️

8 hours ago, bmichels said:

Still hesitating what to ask santa claus an upgrade from my W20 to the W20SE or... to the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme which, for same price range, is offering the ROON experience and is "supposed" to sound even better !

Trust your ears. “Supposed to” isn’t the same as “does to my ears”. Get a free return option and listen in your room.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, udis said:

Hi

Does conductor have the ability to sort albums by # of times played? I recently migrated from Roon and miss this functionality. 

What are all of the sort capabilities of the Conductor?

• 3 weeks later...

Funny, I have always had that click through 3 iPads and two Aurender units. 😁

Does anyone have information about the recent Conductor 4.18.125 update. It isn't posted on the web site or I am not looking in the correct place.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Custodian said:

The latest app version depends on which model. 4.18,125 is the latest for my w20.

check in the software box in the Conductor App. It will check you have latest software for your player

I also have this update for my N10 BUT can't find a listing of what it contains at Aurender.com. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any extended listening experiences with the W20SE? If so, please give us an update.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Emile said:

Hello,

The last few days I have been experiencing audio stutters while streaming music. My Aurender N100C is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. Sometimes the music plays for hours without problems and then the hitches are back. During a hitch, the time bar of the song on the iPad does not continue. Did already a hard reset on the Airport Extreme and did a check for software updates. Also restarted the Aurender and did reset the settings of the App. This setup has worked flawlessly for more than a year. Could there be a problem with the Apple Airport Extreme or the Aurender?

Thanks for the help, Emile

Just curious here and assuming you are streaming over the internet. I don't know if you live in an area that has been affected by the Coronavirus and the increased numbers of home internet users. But have you noticed a change in your internet speeds? Some folks that live in a semi-rural area near me have noticed that streaming Netflix, etc. is problematic (lots of buffering). 

• 4 weeks later...

New update for Aurender Conductor 4.21.86 (N10 and maybe others). Don't know what it does since the Aurender web-site is way behind again. 

15 hours ago, JS21 said:

THANK YOU! I did notice that a DSD ambient album from Cookie Marceno is now playable. It was too large to play before. DSD up to 512 (well 256 for me), I'll have to try it out and see if these aging ears can hear any difference.