IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Been loving the A10 for almost 2 years now. Rock solid with excellent SQ.  stepped up from a N100S and an Oppo Modwright dac with Regens,seperate power supplies ,etc and the A10 kills it. As mentioned I am sure it has to do with the lack of USB or other interface between the dac and player. Maybe not the absolute best but a pretty darn satisfying piece of equipment. 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

I am a firm believer in a preamp in the system. I like Tubes somewhere in the chain as I have a MicroZotl 2.0s. I have tried the Aurender as a standalone and it is very good, just not as good as with the preamp.  Of course by the time I added the preamp, set of Au24sx interconnects , upgraded power  cord and fuse it added 3500 bucks to the system cost so it should sound better 

the A10 really benefits from isolation and upgraded power cord. I installed a Synergistic Blue fuse but really didn't notice much of a difference 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Just not a fan of most volume controls in most dacs. I can leave the Aurender at 100 knowing I am not losing any resolution. 

• 4 weeks later...

Been there many times :) 

• 2 weeks later...

It was removed from thE A10 about a year ago and hasn't returned. Is it available on the other models?

On 7/30/2018 at 11:19 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I've had a W20 for a while and I recently moved it due to re-cabling my system. I forgot how heavy it is! It's a solid piece of craftsmanship.

Never understood the complaints of the Conductors app's looks. Seems ok to me. Great album btw

IMG_4977.JPG

Yep, hot swapped a Regen with my previous N100S and blew up the Regen. Better safe than sorry

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bmichels said:

I agree. I am very confident that the W20 will be a very substantial upgrade to my Auralic Aries V1 fento that I have used with joy for 3 years.

In fact the decision I have to make is either buying this used W20 or staying with Auralic and getting a new Aries G2, for almost half the price of the used W20.

The N 100 series is a substantial upgrade to the Aries Femto.   I went to Aries>N100S> Aurender A10 . The A10 because of simplicity and it beat the other combos ( Using a Modwright tube dac hands down). I would go for a used N10 and spend money on a top of the line power chord and isolation.  The money you save you can spend on a new dac every three years as technology evolves.  Looks like about a 5k difference in used prices between the w20 and the N10. Thats a few bucks for other system upgrades that me be more beneficial, especially if you are not using the w20 extensive hookups or need 12tb of hard drive space. Whatever Aurender you choose you cannot lose!!   

Qobuz support added

Make sure they are on the same network. Do you get the message " Searching for Aurender N-100"?

Complete power down. Not just stand by correct?

Do you see the Aurender on your PC? 

• 1 month later...

I have an A10 and never experienced anything like you mentioned. Sounds like you have something going on between the Nas and the A10 as the local files play properly.

That option has been removed for 3 years or so in the N 100 series. 

@Ponzi

Will the ACS playback cds or just rip them?  Any more info how it stacks up as a Streamer compared to the N10 as Aurender states the “ circuit similar to the N10”

Thanks,

Russ

Thanks Ponzi,

That's  what I figured. Not much info out there yet on it.. 

I am enjoying my A10 that I have had now for two years. Aurender stated when it came out it was basically a " N100 w/ a dac". It basically bettered any thing that I had my previous N100S ( SSD) paired with including a top of the line Modwright Tube dac (much) and a first generation Yggydrasil ( little bit) so figured they may have understated the streamer/server portion. The N10 has been out for 3 years and technology evolves.

I am sure we will see a few professional reviews shortly. 

Thanks,

Russ

• 1 month later...

Can anybody chime in that is/has used Tidal and Qobuz both on their Aurender? Tidal Masters vs native 24 bit ?  

Thanks

Russ

thanks for the replies.  Anxiously awaiting Qobuz. 

Love Tidal but never know if it will always be there  I have over 5tb of Native hi-Rez but seem to find myself streaming 75% of the time.  Local files rule but Tidal/Tidal Masters are 90% percent there 

Happy Holidays,

Russ

27 minutes ago, rwwjr44 said:

Thank you. Looks like a nice unit. I wonder if Aurender is going to trim the number of product offerings. 

Looks like a trimmed down A10. Same Dac   2 tb less hard drive   Take away the balanced outputs, smaller chassis and a few pounds lighter. $1700 less so may have hit a sweeter price point. 

8 hours ago, mjb said:

Same DAC (AK4490), but only one in stereo mode, as opposed to two in a dual-mono configuration in the A10, so not only the balanced outputs missing with the A100.

Specifications
- SSD for System and Cache: 120G
- Music Storage: 2TB (2.5" HDD)
- CPU: AMD 9W
- Power: Full-Linear
- Display: 3.0" AMOLED
- Digital Audio Output: USB Audio Class 2.0
- Digital Audio Input: SPDIF Optical up to 24-bit / 192 kHz
- Other I/O: Gigabit Ethernet, USB Port x 2
- Analog Audio Output: Unbalanced(RCA): 2Vrms
- Volume Control: -90 dB ~ 0dB, 0.5 dB step Velocity Sensitive Operation
- USB Audio Output: PCM: up to 32-bit / 384 kHz DSD: DSD64, DSD128 / DoP Mode
- DAC Chip: AK4490(AKM) x 2 (Dual-Mono Design)
- MQA certified: Yes*
- Dimensions: 330 x 55 x 353 mm
- Weight: 7,8Kg

As you can see in the specs it does say dual mono design. Maybe a mistake?. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

Greetings Audiophile Style Community!

My name is Ari Margolis and I am the Technical Support Manger for Aurender, North America. 

We decided it was time we start actually chiming in on this and other Aurender related threads in order to avoid confusion. 

I'm not here to answer questions related to specific technical support incidents (that will be done via email at [email protected]), but I will be happy to help answer any general questions that you all might have about current Aurender products. 

Thanks for you support and enthusiasm for Aurender. Cheers!

Hi Ari,

Welcome to the forum. As a former owner of a N100S and currently an A10, I have enjoyed the excellent sonics of the Aurenders and the rock solid performance. Customer support has always been timely in answering any questions. Huge Aurender fan!! 

Can you share if the Conductor app has a facelift/ upgrade coming?. Possible Roon integration down the line?. Just wondering.

Thanks,

Russ 

Doing Beta w/Qobuz and comparing MQA Masters on the Aurender A10. The native Hi-Rez files on Qobuz  and the Masters on my system seem very close. I just got Qobuz yesterday so still comparing. There are a fair amount of files in Hi-Rez on Qobuz that are just Redbook on Tidal. 

Definetly no need for both. The very early returns is that it will be worth the extra cost of a beer to go with Qobuz

1 hour ago, jfddoc said:

Thanks russellbobby.  Since you have the A10, you are comparing the fully unfolded MQA masters to the Qobuz Hi Rez files.  Does the display on the A10 show "24/96" or "24/192" on the Qobuz files?   Thanks.

What ever the file resolution is what is displayed on the Aurender. Qobuz could be 24/44, 24/96,/24/192.  Same as the MQA  masters .

10 hours ago, agladstone said:

It’s funny, I’ve been doing the exact same “A/B” testing between Tidal MQA and Qobuz Hi-Res, and I’ve actually come to the firm conclusion that the Tidal MQA version of the same Qobuz Hi-Res album sounds significantly better almost every album I’ve tested between the two!! 

I also have concluded that where I have the same hi-res version of an album stored locally in my Aurender HDD vs Tidal MQA and Qobuz Hi-Res, that my own copy local within my Aurender always sounded the best, with Tidal MQA second, Qobuz dead last. 

Could you give me specific titles that you are mentioning?. I feel my system is resolving enough for subtle changes.

Thanks,

Russ

Anybody try battery power to run their equipment? Great review of a Yeti 400 here  http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0119/Goal_Zero_Yeti_400_Lithium_Portable_Power_Station_Review.htm

Very favorable to a PS audio P20 and a Stromtank at a fraction of the cost. Price of a good power cord.

Think it would be perfect for running the A10 and My MicroZotls 2.0s. 

Any comments? 

Thanks for the input.

Russ

I had both a N 100H and a N100S ( 1 tb solid state). Couldn't tell the difference between them sonically. Not sure why Aurender no longer offers the SSD as an option. Probably cost prohibitive.