IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, krass said:

I believe there is a “Clone” function in the Conductor app menu.

I never used it and no longer have my Aurender to check, but pretty sure I saw a function that is used to transfer across to a new Aurender….

I guess I'll just try and if it doesn't work, I'll simply format the drive and let it run for a night with a fan pointed at the N200 because it will get too hot without that. 

3 Tb is gonna take a while... 

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

10 hours ago, HifiVoice said:

Yes, I used it to copy the files from my old N100H to my new N200 (about 2,5TB of music). When I tried to this via WiFi, it anticipated a disastrous couple of days copy time. I acquired a Ethernet hub, and the copy was done in about a night. 

What is missing (due to legal reasons), is the option to copy the music to an external disk, and then copy it from there to the new Aurender. 

I don't want to copy the files, I just want to turn off the N100SC, pull out the SSD, plug it in the new N200, turn it on and play my music...

12 minutes ago, NTWrong said:

I think this came up before, and it is possible. The challenge is that when you install an SSD the Aurender wants to format it, which of course will delete its contents. So you have to decline the format request. 

Then, as I recall, the Aurender device may not immediately recognize that the SSD has files on it. The previous commenter said it took a few hours (days?) before the device ‘saw’ the files. But I wonder about using the ‘search for new files’ function in Conductor. Maybe that would do the trick. 

I'm hoping my N200 arrives today or tomorrow, I'll just try switching it over. 
If it doesn't work I'll try the search for new files (excellent idea!), and if that doesn't work I'll format it and copy a few fav albums and listen to those, and then when I go to bed I'll let it pump the rest over.

1 hour ago, scoc said:

The solution is so simple.

Just use the clone option in Aurender settings and select source and target Aurenders on your network. To speed up the cloning process just make sure both units are on the same network switch. You need to add new storage to your new unit of course but that’s it. I have used this Aurender cloning option when moving from my N100 to N200 and later on to my N20.

On 4/11/2024 at 6:37 AM, Anonamemouse said:

I don't want to copy the files, I just want to turn off the N100SC, pull out the SSD, plug it in the new N200, turn it on and play my music...

Wellicht moet ik Engels met een Vlaams accent typen?

For anyone wondering: It is not possible to move an SSD from a N100SC to an N200. The  N200 will not recognize it at all.

Probably because the N200 is Intel based and the N100SC is AMD based.

So I am now uploading close to 3 Tb from my NAS to my new N200. I did one single album first  to make sure it worked and to check how it sounded. I know I said before that it's mainly the DAC that makes the sound (and I am still behind that), but moving from an N100SC to an N200 definitely IS a considerable step up in detail, air, clarity, spaciousness.

BTW, the first album was Sting - Brand New Day, in DSF.

If you really want to hear an excellent recording, find that.

2 hours ago, AurenderAmerica said:

@Anonamemouse Hello-Sorry this message didn't reach you in time. You can move any Aurender SSD/HDD from one unit to another. Placing the drive in an N200, go to Conductor settings/storage and library information and select "refresh drives", this should scan and build your library on the new unit. Depending on the drive size, this may take some time. If this does not work, send in a remote support email and our support staff can mount the old drive in the new Aurender for you remotely.

Gosh darn... I actually did try that, but nothing happened. I also sent an email, but: no reply. Probably because of Axpona. 

Oh well... I did some work on my music collection in the past months (album covers, meta tags, weeding out doubles etcetera), and I was positive that I'd remember what I still needed to remove or upload. (Yeah, right)

I probably got most, but now I definitely got everything so it's not all bad.

When I go from a 4Tb to an 8Tb SSD I'll call in the tech dept again. Although adding another 4Tb is probably cheaper...