IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Finally got a chance to try out a few different things and I'm gaining on it. The problem has something to do with my wireless extension router.

I pulled the wireless extension router out of my electronics closet and hooked it up to the Comcast router. Confirmed that it functioned properly (could connect to internet wirelessly through the extension router via iPad).

I pulled the Aurender out of my rack and took it into the kitchen (where my Comcast router is). Confirmed everything functions correctly regardless of whether I was plugged into the wireless extension or the Comcast router directly. I could access the Aurender via iPad on either wireless network. I also confirmed I could access the Aurender's files from my desktop wirelessly connected to either router.

I then reinstalled everything, and while I now get an IP address on my Aurender (and can play USB again!), I can't connect to the Aurender on my iPad or see the Aurender on my Music Server or desktop through either wireless router.

So, the problem must be that when the wireless extension router is not physically connected to the Comcast router. Of course, having a 75' Ethernet cable running through the hallway is not a long term solution, but I'm going to pick up a long cable and see if I can get everything stable with it hardwired. Hopefully it will stay that way once I unplug the long Ethernet cable, since it worked ok for several months.

Pretty weird! (especially the USB output bug!)

Great! Now if you own your property, consider hiring an experience electrician to permanently install the Ethernet cable for you. Someone used to installing Ethernet cable will do a professional and great looking job and it won't cost too much (depending upon the property :) ).

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 1 month later...

New update for the unit. A clean shut down and faster operation. Some improvements to Tidal and radio play for European markets.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 2 weeks later...

Changes from 2.7 /5.5.91 June 6, 2016

* Bug fixes and improvement

•Fixed tracks were not displayed when selected for an album or artist in the cover view mode.

•Fixed Search Clearing function in streaming mode. Previously, Search window would not clear when new content was selected by typing it into the search window.

•Fixed "Turn off" and "Restart” which did not work as expected in "Settings" - “Aurender”.

•Fixed when tracks of an album selected for streaming service didn't display in the large cover view.

•Fixed "favorite status" for internet radio which didn't work.

•Fixed several small bugs and improved stability.

This 2.7.27 latest version did not work for me on my iPad Air 2.

Pretty much each time I went back to the app, it crashed. Then, if I went to it right away, yes, it worked, but those regular unbidden quits were very irritating.

So I reinstalled the previous version (2.7.17), and all is right again.

Dave, who says one man's story is not necessarily applicable to all but he is curious what others' experiences have been with this lates 2.7.27 version of the iOS app

I have an AIR with 128 gb and it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

New update today 2.7.32- Internet radio for Belgium and Luxembourg. Bug fixes - Improved stability and fixed sometimes the Aurender is not connected even when the app shows it is connected.

It was a quick update.

• 2 months later...

iOS 10 working well with the Aurender app. No problems yet.

• 1 month later...
Newbie to the forum. I am enjoying this insightful Aurender thread. At this time I am teetering on the fence about purchasing the Aurender N10 to replace an aging Olive 04HD with its archaic iPad control app, and also replacing a Sony Vaio laptop I am using as a high-res server with JRiver Media Center 21 via USB to my Esoteric K-03 DAC. I have researched and read nearly every review of the N10 I could find. One question I have not discovered the answer to is how proprietary USB drivers are handled or installed on the N10. The Esoteric K-03 uses a specific USB driver for the USB asynchronous High Speed 2 mode. Does the N10 have a library of installed proprietary USB drivers to select from or must a user install their specific USB driver? If the driver is user installed, how is this accomplished? My connection preference is to use the SPDIF coaxial output in order to take advantage of the N10's premium clock generator, but I still want to understand how the N10 manages USB drivers. Any help will be appreciated.

This is a question for the Aurender folks. AFAIK, there was only DAC that had USB interface problems BUT I may well be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
I have the N10. All of a sudden, my albums have disappeared and it says "0 out of 42 albums". I can not get the album art to reappear. The quoted language is not in orange. Ideas.

That happens to me once in awhile. After a few seconds I look at the top row of the Aurender app screen and I usually find that I now longer have the "Album" button selected. Either that or I have selected "DSD" in a view that doesn't have any DSD albums in it.

I hope that it is something as simple as that for you.

I just got a call from a very helpful person in sales at aurender. He explained how to "di-select the filters" and the albums immediately reappeared. I know, I win the dumb ass award of the day, but I am very thankful for the call. I love the N10.

It is very easy to inadvertently deselect a filter. I still do it after a few years of use.

• 1 month later...
Hello All,

this is my first post in the forum. I bought an Aurender N100H about three weeks ago and I thoroughly enjoy it. I have a medium sized library ranging from CD quality to 24/192 high res files. When listening to my local albums, I thoroughly enjoy the N100H. One caveat though, and I read that here in the forum, the N100H has the tendency of putting a layer of bass that I did not hear when playing the same files from my MacBook Pro via Audirvana+/Roon. The extra layer of bass is not unpleasant, as I am a headphone person, using a headphone amp that is said to be on the bright side (GSX-Mk2). Also, my main headphone, HD800, is also a bit bass shy. So the extra bass layer does come in pleasantly!

However, it gets unbearable when streaming. Tidal Master files. First, I mark them as favs in Tidal's desktop app, and then they are visible as favs in Aurender conductor app. However, listening to Master files on the N100H is just bass layer, very syrupy! In contrast, on Tidal desktop, the very same files are marvellous, airy, lots of space between instruments, and a joy to listen to! Has anyone made the same observations? Is there a way of alleviating this distorting layer of bass in Tidal master files? Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

If your preamp has tone controls, check them. Sounds silly but something similar happened to me many years ago. :)

• 1 month later...
Hi all.

I've just finished listenining to my new Aurender N100H and want to share my feelings. Few hours of relaxed listening after initial setup. Wow, even out of the box (not burned in yet, played just few hours) sounds great!Overall setup, including transfer of my entire FLAC library into internal hdd, took me only 2 hours. Everything was easy and quick.I will wait with definitive conclusion after proper burn in, but i can tell right now it is big step forward comparing to Auralic Aries. More relaxed, liquid, more opened sound , wider soundstage. Conductor app works. Even i still think its ugly.

Now i have few questions:

1 - do you recommend to turn off unit when not in use (via Conductor app or front panel button), or is it recommended to leave it always on (stand by mode)? Not talking about back panel power switch, ofcourse.

2 - what does it mean when there is "HDD" icon blinking on top left corner of N100H screen. It seems to be randomly blinking during playback. I'm going to use N100H exclusively with playback from internal HDD. Is this behaviour normal?

3 - how do i know, what music is alredy cached on SSD? Is there any indicator to this status?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33580[/ATTACH]

1. I normally leave mine in standby. We don't lose power often and with a recent upgrade the system reboots nicely if power is lost.

2. The blinking icon means that the song is loading to the hard disk.

3. If the icon is not blinking, the song is loaded. Does it prefetch? I am not sure.

• 4 weeks later...

I had an X100L for a few years and loved it so much that I am moving to the N10 (a very happy circumstance on price). The only things that I truly dislike about the Conductor app are the page color and lack of album information (think Roon). The connection to Wikipedia's album information is okay but there are so many albums that aren't listed. In the near future, I will sign on to Wikipedia and start entering data on "missing" albums. That will be time consuming but...

The latest update was relatively transparent for me. I listen to a good number of .dsf files via DoP and didn't hear any sound degradation or have any operational problems. I like the move to split and display multiple disk albums.

Hello All,

If you are so inclined, please add your equipment list to your signature. This may enable assistance if you are having problems.

Thanks,

Bob Willis aka rwwjr44

On 3/6/2017 at 4:23 PM, Taxman said:

Bad news... I got the following reply from Aurender:

Regarding your question, it is not a bug since we changed the way the scanner software detects albums. This is reflected in our release notes on our website: “The rule for detecting albums has changed. The folder (directory) is the boundary for an album, so that tracks (music files) for an album should be located all together under the same (direct) folder. Music files duplicated over the folders are no longer treated as the same album.”We had many end user requests for this for multi-CD sets and box set content. If you would like multi-CD content to be presented as one album, you can locate the files in the same containing folder and they will appear as one album.

They seriously suggest that I should reorganize my music library to comply with how they now think it should be organized to get it to work the way it did before! I understand that they want to support box sets - hey, I want that too! - but why not do that in some kind of smart way - for example by using additional tags, providing flexibility to the user.

I'm very close to give up and sell this wonderfully sounding piece of hardware, only because the software isn't given any attention and hasn't been improved for the 2,5 years I've had the box unless of course your #1 priority is streaming. Really sad, but true :(

Well if you can't live with it, it has got to go. There may be something out there for you. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks now with my N10 and I must say that the improvement over the X100L is significant. I have been dithering over this for at least a year now and couldn't quite get the funds together BUT due to a very fortunate set of circumstances I now have one. Sublime.

• 2 months later...

I suggest listening to an Aurender before making a no buy decision. The truth is that all streamers have areas that need improving. To me, the sound is most important. I have had many streamers in my system and some were lacking in user experience AND sound quality. The Aurender app is not perfect but these are minor (IMHO). 

The quality of the music when it hits my ears always brings a smile to my face.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see Aurender give us the choice to link to AllMusic instead of Wikipedia for album information. I know AllMusic has a $12.00 per year fee but they have a larger music database. Ideally we would be able to link to the Roon database (Roon without the music playing feature) and have use of their rich music information.

• 3 weeks later...

New update for Aurender hardware. Do not have specs with me but seems to sound the same.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, gintree44 said:

Should have mentioned that I've run AMM numerous times--at least every time after I renamed the pdf file.  No luck.  The album came from HDTracks.

If you haven't done so, try naming the .jpg file front.jpg. If that doesn't work, you might need to examine the metadata and see what graphic file is shown there.

On 8/24/2017 at 1:11 PM, agladstone said:

Album Art needs to be either .jpg OR .png , no other format works with Aurrender/ conductor. 

Also it only shows 2 album art photos added to the meta data and always (in my experience) add the front and back album art to the actual meta data and always label first one as front and second one as back specifically. 

Also alwya add a front.jpg and back.jpg (same as the one in meta data) to the albums folder. 

Try to keep Album art size between 1000x1000 to 1400 x1400 If possible. 

You can add all additional album art and scans into a folder within the album folder called Album Art for any additional photos and media. 

From the N10 bible http://www.aurender.com/page/appguide-player-albumcoverview 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, fand1 said:

Hi I have a very simple technical question for Aurender uses.

I have an Aurender N100H and I wish to delete all my music on the on-board hard drive so i can completely replace my music collection from scratch

For the life of me I cannot work how to delete everything. I have the read all documentation, searched the web/forums etc and found nothing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

If you have a computer connected to the same network as the N100H, you should be able to use your explorer to find the N100H access the HDD and delete all music files. On the PC find the Network icon on the desktop and open it. When it opens the N100Hs icon should appear. Open it (you may have to use a password here) and access your files. If you use an automatic sync program (say GoodSync) there may be some cleaning to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a suggestion for a software upgrade: Include an option to display a collection in date added order. Steal it from the JRiver "Recent Albums" option.

But the albums are displayed in alpha ordered by artists. I would like to have ordering by date - most to least recent.

5 hours ago, edje said:

Yes, there is the password in the Aurender itself if that is what you mean.

I had a similar problem with my N10 where even password didn't help. Aurender fixed it remotely. I didn't ask what the fix was.