IGNORED

Audirvana not responding?

Rotur

Greetings,

I have just installed Audirvana plus 2.0 onto my mid 2010 Mac mini with a Nuforce udac 3 as the output into my headphones. When I begin my indexing process from a Synology 413j, which is a very large library of some 150,000 flac files, Audirvana hangs and becomes unresponsive to any function... Is this normal? Is it merely a case of the software doing the file transfers behind the scenes and add it it's a large volume of files, it will take some time to process? My mini has 4gb ram with a terabyte of drive space. Please advise

Greetings,

I have just installed Audirvana plus 2.0 onto my mid 2010 Mac mini with a Nuforce udac 3 as the output into my headphones. When I begin my indexing process from a Synology 413j, which is a very large library of some 150,000 flac files, Audirvana hangs and becomes unresponsive to any function... Is this normal? Is it merely a case of the software doing the file transfers behind the scenes and add it it's a large volume of files, it will take some time to process? My mini has 4gb ram with a terabyte of drive space. Please advise

Don't know about your setup, but I have tried A2.0 several times, all resulting in endless scanning, or double albums, or not showing albums... IMO this software is not stable enough, too many crashes and using to much time editing entries ...

So now I use Pure Music, works like a charm, and I don't look back

Initial scanning takes a while, once the library is build its quite responsive.

So the hanging is normal then? If so, I'll let it run to see what the end result is. Love the look of Audirvana and its general responsiveness outside of indexation, so I'll persist