IGNORED

Coexist by Xx

Wow, very impressed by this recording. 16 bit sounds excellent. Moody and dark, just the way I like my women, or at least the way I seem to get them. Lead vocalist reminiscent of Brendan Perry from Dead Can Dance.

Thanks for remembering this one.

Just playing now. And you are right.

XX first CD is one of my favorites!

Actually this is one example (as XX before) than overly-compressed overy-produces(pop electronic) music can sound very good - it's a different poison...

Actually this is one example (as XX before) than overly-compressed overy-produces(pop electronic) music can sound very good - it's a different poison...
also like the album and it's sound VERY much.

i don't get the entire dynamic range discussion and am finding this DR range website just a joke. Sure, there are recordings/mixes that sound compressed. Of course the joy of listenting to overly compressed albums is quaestionable. The again I have quite some albums (CDs) with the original mix and the "digital remaster" (mostly early or mid 2000th). Many of the digital remasters - while a bit more compressed - sound much better than the original release. The gain is not in the dynamic range (of course) but very often in the texture of low frequencies and voices. And in the overall instrumental seperation ALTHOUGH the DR is more limited.

Anyway ... The xx is great.

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX