IGNORED

Suggested Upgrade Path

Here is what I am looking at:

My system is Synology NAS-Mac mini/Pure Music-Antelope Zodiac Gold w Voltikus-Genesis M60 mono blocks-Genesis wires-Genesis 5.2 speakers. I have been exploring the following options, but now retired in South Carolina, there are no listening venues anywhere, so feedback from folks like yourself becomes the best place to inquire:

1. Replace Mac mini and Zodiac Gold with Lumin S1. Need pre amp. Have Meridian G91a that would work-how well???

2. Replace Zodiac Gold with Lampi L7 with DSD and volume control.

3. Replace Gold and amps with Devialet 200.

4. Replace Gold and Mac mini with Directstream DAC and Sonore Signature Rendu.

What am I trying to accomplish?

-Better sound

-Perhaps streaming

-Get computer out of room

-Get DSD Capability

BTW, coincidently cost of all these options is similar. I am also aware that Dev. does not do DSD (yet?). Not really UPnP either???

What don't I like about my system? Dunno until I hear something I like better. Would the Lampi have great synergy with the M60s-I think so. Would it be too warm? I don't care for cold/analytical though.

Heard great things about the Lumin, but with dac technology changing so rapidly, would I be stuck and same thing with Dev?

Your input would be greatly appreciated,

Jeff

Aurender N100H, Kimber USB, Uptone Regen, PS Audio Directstream dac, Siltech 550I ICs balanced, Oasis S200 Monoblocks, AQ Red Wood Speaker Cable, Magico S5 speakers.

Nobody has an opinion. On this forum that's shocking!

Gee, you gave it all of four hours.

No comment on the equipment. I have no experience and I think for many on this forum your equipment is too "esoteric" (expensive, not highly distributed, etc.). Really, all you can do is find someone who will give you a money-back demo and give it a try. Of course, that might be difficult, if not impossible, with the Lampi but then it is considered one of the best.

Question is, what are you willing to spend, and eat, if it does not appeal?

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

Here is what I am looking at:

My system is Synology NAS-Mac mini/Pure Music-Antelope Zodiac Gold w Voltikus-Genesis M60 mono blocks-Genesis wires-Genesis 5.2 speakers. I have been exploring the following options, but now retired in South Carolina, there are no listening venues anywhere, so feedback from folks like yourself becomes the best place to inquire:

1. Replace Mac mini and Zodiac Gold with Lumin S1. Need pre amp. Have Meridian G91a that would work-how well???

2. Replace Zodiac Gold with Lampi L7 with DSD and volume control.

3. Replace Gold and amps with Devialet 200.

4. Replace Gold and Mac mini with Directstream DAC and Sonore Signature Rendu.

What am I trying to accomplish?

-Better sound

-Perhaps streaming

-Get computer out of room

-Get DSD Capability

BTW, coincidently cost of all these options is similar. I am also aware that Dev. does not do DSD (yet?). Not really UPnP either???

What don't I like about my system? Dunno until I hear something I like better. Would the Lampi have great synergy with the M60s-I think so. Would it be too warm? I don't care for cold/analytical though.

Heard great things about the Lumin, but with dac technology changing so rapidly, would I be stuck and same thing with Dev?

Your input would be greatly appreciated,

Jeff

With the Genesis speakers if your are using servo connecting cables forget about Devialet(class D) if you are not using them you should have them to solve phase problems.

You have top notch equipment get your self a good preamp and you are done.

Sorry to be soooo impatient!

I gave it four "days" on another site and got nothing back either. I guess I was feeling neglected. LOL

Esoteric, I like that word. Perhaps a good synopsis of the situation.

Thanks.

Aurender N100H, Kimber USB, Uptone Regen, PS Audio Directstream dac, Siltech 550I ICs balanced, Oasis S200 Monoblocks, AQ Red Wood Speaker Cable, Magico S5 speakers.

Alfe, what would a good pre do in my system

I will not go for technical explanation you will find plenty on internet.

I will speak about my personal experience :

I have a Burmester DAC which have a volume control and direct output to amps,I have also tested an antelope zodiac gold in my system and in any case using my Gryphon sonata preamp improved the soundstage.