IGNORED

Displaying video art in a high end audio room

I've been wondering about possibilities for projecting video art to provide interesting visual accompaniment to high end audio. This would not be 'home theater' or DVD movies, but hi-res still images , 'slide shows', or video art.

Perhaps a large 72" 4K (or even 8k) video display connected to a computer would be the quietest way. But then you have a large reflective surface, like a large window, to deal with. Maybe a hi res video projector to could put the image on a somewhat acoustically better surface would work - but then you have the heat and noise of the projector.

anyone doing something like this ?

I've been wondering about possibilities for projecting video art to provide interesting visual accompaniment to high end audio. This would not be 'home theater' or DVD movies, but hi-res still images , 'slide shows', or video art.

Perhaps a large 72" 4K (or even 8k) video display connected to a computer would be the quietest way. But then you have a large reflective surface, like a large window, to deal with. Maybe a hi res video projector to could put the image on a somewhat acoustically better surface would work - but then you have the heat and noise of the projector.

anyone doing something like this ?

I often find a reflective surface on the wall behind the speakers is bad for imaging.

There are certainly projection screens that are relatively transparent to sound. I'm still not sure I would put one between me and a great sound system, but it would solve the reflective piece of glass problem.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

There are certainly projection screens that are relatively transparent to sound. I'm still not sure I would put one between me and a great sound system, but it would solve the reflective piece of glass problem.

SQ would be my priority, so I would consider having the visuals on a side wall. I'll look for info about acoustically transparent projections screens - but if anyone has experience or info about those to share, that would be great