IGNORED

Ayre QB-9 DSD USB driver issue

I have just bought one Ayre QB-9 DSD as my new DAC and love this sound style!

I have tried Jriver MC 20 and foobar 1.26 and have faced same issue for playing DSD ISO file. As I play such over 96hz file, I have already installed the Thesycon driver 1.26version from Ayre link.

In foobar or Jriver output, i have chosen to output with "TUSBaudio ASIO diver", but there is no sound coming out.

if i choose foo_dsd_asio in foobar output, i could successfully play the DSD64 file through Dop mode and QB-9 will show 64. I could also use WASAPI output to play DSD64 frpm Jriver MC.

But I really want to use the Ayre official Thesycon driver to play DSD file, could someone help me?

Many thanks!

Jeff

There is a wealth of set-up info on the Ayre website

I use WASAPI with JRMC 18, I think I was also using WASAPI before I switched away from foobar2000.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

Here's how I have mine set-up on Tools>Options>Audio>Bitstreaming>Custom JRMC_DSD.jpg

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a new QB9 DSD and use the same setup as Beetlemania. I get no sound unless I use the Ayer USB Wasapi interface. This interface doesn't even show up unless the Ayer is physically connected. So... no matter what I believe that the Thyson driver is being used just with an alternate interface.

Victor

I did get the Asio interface to work. There is a device setting for that interface and once that menu is displayed there is a tools area on the lower right hand side. Make sure that Dsd under Dop is checked. Also make sure that under the main Audio settings that Bitstreaming for DSD is checked and it should work..... at least mine does.

Victor

I also have a new QB9 DSD and use the same setup as Beetlemania. I get no sound unless I use the Ayer USB Wasapi interface. This interface doesn't even show up unless the Ayer is physically connected. So... no matter what I believe that the Thyson driver is being used just with an alternate interface.

Victor

thanks for your feedback and seems like the official driver is not useful for DSD file play.

Have you tried foobar?

Please read my second post..... The Asio driver does work for DSD playback.

Victor

Yes, actually i have already read it. Thanks.

But my question is about output in foobar. In foobar:

1.could you use wasapi output to play DSD?

2.could you use TUSBaudio ouput in foobar for DSD play?

3. any suggestion to adjust the official driver setup?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...