IGNORED

DSD via DoP wav using Bluesound?

Possible? Problem is there is no coaxial SPDIF output on the Bluesound node!!! Ahhhhhhhh

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

And this is backed by NAD! What sort of audio engineering outfit would go to all that trouble producing a hiend multiroom audio solution like this and not have a digital coax output? What the???? Don't these guys follow Audio forums like this??? Ahhhhhhhh

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

And this is backed by NAD! What sort of audio engineering outfit would go to all that trouble producing a hiend multiroom audio solution like this and not have a digital coax output? What the???? Don't these guys follow Audio forums like this??? Ahhhhhhhh

I was just looking at this. I was wondering why the Bluesound system gets no attention here. No USB either. Just RCA and optical outs.

^ Exactly. So I'm not the only one thinking this. I mean it beggars belief. It's supposed to be the high end alternative to Sonos. The NAD officianadios on their forum have picked up on this ...Apparently the card inside is capable of coax SPDIF... But no external connector ???

Could this be easily modded and transmit DoP ?

^ Exactly. So I'm not the only one thinking this. I mean it beggars belief. It's supposed to be the high end alternative to Sonos. The NAD officianadios on their forum have picked up on this ...Apparently the card inside is capable of coax SPDIF... But no external connector ???

My 2 cents, Toslink receivers have gotten better, and absolutely insulate the DAC being fed from electrical noise.

the best sounding digital input on my NAD D3020 is the optical ! I was quite surprised and discovered this by chance as I had dismissed Toslink decades ago

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

Sure.. the problem is the DSD dac I want to feed the Dop Wav file only has a coax connection... So it is impossible to test whether my DSD via Dop Wav theory might work as a workaround this way to get DSD via Bluesound.. :)

Sure.. the problem is the DSD dac I want to feed the Dop Wav file only has a coax connection... So it is impossible to test whether my DSD via Dop Wav theory might work as a workaround this way to get DSD via Bluesound.. :)

Wap..you stupid idiot Wap!!!! My ressonescence labs Invicta now DOES do DSD via Toslink..so If I can get a Node I can try this trick out!!!!

NAD hasn't made any effort to support DSD, even on products with HDMI ports. I wouldn't expect it to support it anytime soon. BTW, the "audiophile" Bluesound transport is the NAD M50. It has coax, toslink, and AES SPDIF outputs. Given their All digital approach with cross-overs, tone controls, volume, etc. all being in the digital domain, they have made huge investments in technology that just won't work with DSD.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

It's all academic now anyway. Bluesound can't mount a DLNA share!