IGNORED

USB S/PDIF converter not seen in Yosemite.

Help guys. For some reason I can not see my Stello U3 xmos converter in Yosemite.

All plugged in, power light on but it doesnt show up anywhere including system information on the USB bus. Seems its just not recognised. No drivers were previously required and it worked flawlessly in Mavericks.

Any clues please.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

Well it seems computers arent idiot proof. I am evidence of that fact.

All ok now.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

I just installed Yosemite on a new 2012 mini and it didn't show the M2Tech USB converter either. I rebooted and did a PRAM reset as well just to be certain and Voila! I put a small platform under it to support the extended length and co-ax cable lead. Relieved that it wasn't a USB 3 complication with M2Tech's XMOS.

What did you do?

I'm still with Maverick, am using an audiophileo 2 and am curious as to what happened. I plan on making the move to Yosemite soon.

I had no issues after the upgrade my AP2 showed up as before. Yosemite is closer to Mavericks then Mavericks was to Mountain Lion so we should have less issues overall.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

Put your minds at rest. It was a simple case of biological input error. Seems that somehow the usb cable in the back of the mac had come out a bit. Strange that the converter was showing power was getting there but not data. Thats what caught me out. A quick push back in and all ok.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum even though I've been lurking around for years.

I need some help and wonder if anyone has had success with Yosemite and Stello U3. I just upgraded to Yosemite and the sound comes out horribly distorted. I reset the PRAM. In OS X system prefs it allows me to select "XMOS USB 2.0 Audio Out". I'm at a loss. Would be grateful for any help.