IGNORED

Anyone serving music from Compulab Utilite?

Looking to replace an old secondhand dell optiplex running ubuntu server, LMS, and Subsonic, with music on a NAS drive. (Renderers are squeezeboxes and my mobile phone via subsonic when I'm away from home.) Was leaning towards a beaglebone black, until I discovered the Utilite. I like the form factor, built in wifi , and more finished nature of the hardware. But there doesn't seem to be much of a community working on using this device for audio applications, and where there is, discussions focus on using as a renderer rather than server. I admit the S/PDIF output is a compelling feature, but my primary need is to replace my server right now. Volumino looks interesting. Does anyone know how hard it's going to be to get an arm version of LMS and subsonic running on Utilite?

Home | Utilite

Nobody? Ok, then, why not?

Too new? Lack of established community? Linuxs OS? Specs?

I didn't know about this company. It seems they've fit pc line with i7 haswell processor in a very small form factor with entirely passive cooling design. They are available (bare bone) around $800. Which seems to be a fantastic bargain. If it can accomodate a paul pang usb card, you can install windows server 2012 - you can have your ZUMA type music server under 1 grand. Worth exploring.

Intense PC

Don't know about these, but I use one of their Intense PC's as my desktop and am very happy with it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)