IGNORED

Lumin/Minimserve tagging

Using Synology DS214 play with Lumin/Minimsever. Cannot get cover art to appear in some titles. Went into music files within the Synology file station and added cover art to files where missing although does not appear. I also want to understand how to correct tags where individual tracks with cover art display rather than correctly have all tracks contained within one title folder view.

I'll try to share what I know, which is very limited, but I'm in the thick of the Minimserver tagging learning curve as we speak.

I just set up an Auralic Aries streamer and its a UPnP/DLNA device that's supposed to work well with Minimserver and I've been playing with the Lumin app as well.

You may already know this, but there are apps available designed solely for tagging and organising your music files. I don't know how some of these programs work compared to the Synology software, but I have a feeling there are better ones. I use a Mac and just found one called Metadatics which allows me to edit tags for individual tracks as well as albums, compilations, etc. Someone here I'm sure can recommend the best software for PC if that's what you're using. There is also a Minimserver forum which is actively monitored by the guy who created Minimserver, Simon, and I think you can get lots of support there as well.

Good luck.

The simplest method for any album that is missing cover art is to download the appropriate cover art from the internet and store it within the folder of the album with the filename Folder.jpg.

If you had a program such as JRIVER you could select all albums that are missing cover art, choose get cover art and it will download the cover art and either embed it into the music files or save it into the appropriate album folder.

Or as mentioned in the post above me, there are many applications available that provide for tagging, meta data management and organizing your music files.

Lastly to the example of multiple individual tracks displaying of the same album, are they by chance albums with multiple artists on them?

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

MP3Tag is the most widely known editor and is a very powerful tool. I believe that some players however do not display the album cover when browsing through if there's no file titled folder.jpg or similar in that specific folder. That should solve the problem.

Another tagging tool that I've found quite useful for classical music is the MusiCHI tagger with its database of composer and composition names.