IGNORED

Dsp to dlna

There are competing AES67 standards. Ravenna vs Dante. I'll take Ravenna in that one. :-)

In the league in which it plays, I would call something like the Merging Hapi quite affordable.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and discovered this thread through a search after reading in PS AUdio's forum that Jriver now supports DSP over ethernet.

I'd like to describe my objective (high pass my mains so the lows don't overlap with stereo subs) and hopefully people can weigh in on my options.

I'm running the wonderful PS AUdio directstream DAC (upgraded from a PWII) with the Bridge Network card. I was planning on going to something like a Mac mini to run USB but now I am reading the Bridge II (still in beta) sounds as good or better than USB with less server requirements.

I'm using Jriver on OSX. I did confirm tonight I can use the DSP to high pass filter my mains, (TAD CR1's with Sopranino 'Stat Tweeters added) but that still leaves the requirement of getting a full range or low pass signal to my Velodyne DD10+ stereo subs. Room correction is something I may want to play with in the future but lets leave that out of the equation for now.

I know the easy answer is probably to get a multi channel USB DAC Like the Exasound, but I do love the sound of the Directstream. I have read that someone successfully used 2 different DACS creating an aggregate device in OSX's audio Midi setup with no perceptible delay between the 2 different brand DAC's

It doesn't seem like 2 zones could be fed by Jriver simultaneously. That would be an interesting solution if the second zone could be fed via USB (for the subs) and then one zone delayed for proper synch.

I also have an RME UFX multi channel DAC (pro audio USB and firewire) I use for my video editing system (currently also my Jriver Server) to experiment with before buying anything else if that would help to try some solutions.

• 2 months later...

In case anyone is interested in resampling PCM via UPnP/DLNA streaming, the MinimServer UPnP media server has recently added support for the SoX resampler. It requires the use of the MinimStreamer optional transcoder package and uses SoX via ffmpeg with libsoxr (needs to be installed separately):

Resampling

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox