IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

Some novice Auralic Aries Femto user impressions and questions -

My DAC is very nice, but does not process DSD. So I have Aries process DSD to PCM and feed my DAC via AES/EBU that way. I found it did remarkable job doing it, and Aries femto feed sound way superior then of OPPO-105, when playing identical dsf files. I wonder if someone compared native DSD to converted - amd I missing something (I can only compare to inferior OPPO-105 DAC , which is not fair).
The other interesting thing is MQA "decoding". Some of Tidal "master" recording in MQA appear in 192, some in 96. Interesting what triggers Aries to change frequency. And no, MQA recording do not sound as nice via Aries as HDtracks digital downloads, losing tons of soundstage and air around instruments.
Wonder if someone have different or similar experience. I am running 5.1 beta and everything is working very smooth (collection of 50,000 tracks +Tidal)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Doghos said:

I didn't know that they must implement the room correction !  i'm very happy too with the LE so i'm enjoy to receive the G1

There was a talk of processing convolution files (I assume on manner similar to Jriver), but unfortunately nothing was released yet. To an extent I can use Jriver streaming adjusted stream, and Aries be just a streaming node, but it defeats the purpose of "no computer solution", and also I am not thrilled with anything Jriver does with digital conversion processes.

• 3 months later...