IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

11 minutes ago, Doak said:

What is "Aries SE" model?

I'm thinking typo.

· ARIES LE: The standard model with low-phase noise crystal and standard external PSU. 

· ARIES: The step-up model with two individual FemtoClocks for both USB audio host and digital outputs, low noise internal design to eliminate jitter and AURALiC Purer‐Power™ based 10uV low noise external linear PSU. 

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

• 8 months later...

FWIW: The new 6.0 beta firmware allows up sampling and the other DSPing to be applied when in Roon mode.

Just tying out the dynamic filter vs internal filtering in my Mirus Pro.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

1 hour ago, Blade1001 said:

Why not? All upsampling happens in the Roon Core, not in the endpoint, the only limitation with the endpoint is whatever max sampling rate it can handle?

Because I'm talking about the 4 Auralic upsampling algorithms implemented in the Aries.  I wanted to hear what they sounded like and prior to the 6.0 firmware they were only available if using Lightning DS.

465460741_ScreenShot2018-11-14at5_25_55PM.thumb.png.26b07a8a797e08926165c67196c79e8c.png

As you can see from the above screen shot Roon now indicates that the upsampling is happening in the Aries G2.  I have DSPing completely disabled in Roon.