IGNORED

Watching video on computer with audio streamed to DLNA/LMS/Airplay renderer

hello,

Sorry for this long title.

I have the wonderful little box Sotm sms100, interface ethernet> usb.

I can send audio thru server under DLNA or airplay or LMS protocol.

It works very nicely an pure audio renderer.

I would like to find a way to stream the audio part of videos I can watch on my computer TO the sms100.

I use a pc with Win8.1, quite good pc with i7 proc.

I tried 2 softwares :

- StreamWhatYouHear : which streams in dlna.

- Airfoil : which streams in airplay

Both work but there is a big delay between the video and the sound. The sound get out of the hifi 2-3s after the video... thus it quite unconvinient to watch a movie that way.

Do you know solutions that work perfectly ?

thanks

Rgds

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

Sound capture streaming always requires some buffering of the audio stream, which explains why are experiencing such a noticeable delay.

The problem with streaming sound via standard UPnP/DLNA and LMS is that there's no ability to synchronise with video built into the protocols. With AirPlay video synchronisation is supported, but you have to be using an Apple device with approved Apple playback applications, so it won't work with Windows. For example the Mac version of AirFoil comes with a built-in video player which does synchronise the sound over AirPlay.

Your best bet is to use a video file player where you can manually adjust the sound synchronisation once you've got the sound capture streaming setup, such as with the VLC media player (use the j and k hotkeys for the most user friendly method).

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox