IGNORED

Best ways to get Jarrett

Hi All,

Yes, yet another Keith Jarrett thread.

Hopefully this time, a simple one.

I just want to ask which of his recordings would you 1) rather rip from a CD version and get great results or 2) would rather download . . . . and please specify album download site as well as related specs that you all are happy with (ex. 24/96 or 24/192 of a certain album off of a certain website).

Thanks -- this should clear the air for me

P.S. I do have the 24/96 "Koln" concert from off of HDTracks, which I have heard is a good to great transfer.

If you get the 24/96 downloads from ECM (it's the same ones at all the download sites, and they don't release 24/192) they are at least as good, probably better than the corresponding CDs. I personally don't recall seeing Jarrett in 24/192 anywhere. ECM "doesn't do" 24/192, AFAIK.

I have some of his various albums from different labels in 16/44.1 downloads and am happy with them. I prefer downloads to CD, so I don't have comparisons of both to tell you about; of the one or two for which I have both, I've never thought the downloads were inferior.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

If you get the 24/96 downloads from ECM (it's the same ones at all the download sites, and they don't release 24/192) they are at least as good, probably better than the corresponding CDs. I personally don't recall seeing Jarrett in 24/192 anywhere. ECM "doesn't do" 24/192, AFAIK.

I have some of his various albums from different labels in 16/44.1 downloads and am happy with them. I prefer downloads to CD, so I don't have comparisons of both to tell you about; of the one or two for which I have both, I've never thought the downloads were inferior.

+1