IGNORED

OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 and FW Drive Sleep issue

Has anyone found a solution to the issue with OS X Mavericks not spinning down external FW800 Drives when the Mac (Mini) is in sleep mode?? My drives were spinning 24/7 under OS 10.9.2, so I've reverted back to Mountain Lion to avoid the wear and tear on the drive. My primary 10.8 partition works perfectly in this regard, so I am holding off using Mavericks any more until this gets sorted out.

10.9.4 was just released, so I'm curious if this was addressed at all...

DE.

2011 Mac Mini (16GB RAM) --> Audirvana Plus --> M2Tech HiFace2 --> Emotiva XDA-1 DAC --> B&K Reference 31 --> B&K 2140 (2-channel) + B&K 3140 (3-channel) --> Energy RC-30 Reference Connoisseur (Mains) + Energy RC-10 (Surrounds)

What do you get for

pmset -g

?

Here is what I get on both ML and Mavericks. My system is being prevented from sleeping due to Screen Sharing? It is headless and I control with my 13" MacBook Pro through VNC.

Sleep.jpg

2011 Mac Mini (16GB RAM) --> Audirvana Plus --> M2Tech HiFace2 --> Emotiva XDA-1 DAC --> B&K Reference 31 --> B&K 2140 (2-channel) + B&K 3140 (3-channel) --> Energy RC-30 Reference Connoisseur (Mains) + Energy RC-10 (Surrounds)

Do you know how to adjust these parameters? I did notice that I am always prompted for authentication under Mountain Lion, but am auto-connected under Mavericks (it is 10.9.1 btw). I guess the VNC is more integrated under 10.9, and also more intrusive...

DE.

pmset is the command that lets you tweak some of these things, but your post was the first time I saw that VNC over-rides sleep. It makes sense that you wouldn't want a computer going to sleep on you while connected, but ideally you should be able to over-ride that (presumably new) default. I never sleep my computer, so I never ran into the issue.