IGNORED

Exchanging noisy SMPS supplies for 'quiet' SMPS supplies

I've been giving some attention to the dirty power in my house, and thinking about the cheap SMPS wall warts in various places: modem, wifi, router, powered USB hubs, wireless phones. Now it would be rather expensive to replace all these with linear PSU's, and the cheap linear PSU's for sale don't give statistics about Ripple & Noise, Noise/Line regulation, or Load Regulation. But at RS I can get pretty reasonable SMPS PSU's with Noise/Ripple under 1%, Line regulation of 1% or better, and Load Regulation of 3% (mostly Meanwell medical PSU's).

Now I wouldn't use such SMPS to power my DAC, but I wonder if these would really help clean up the power in my house circuits... which are all connected to my audio system in some way. I assume the cheap SMPS supplies that came with the wifi, router, and wireless phones have Ripple/Noise much greater than 1%, though I don't know that I have the means to measure that.

Thoughts?

One way to test the potential improvement is to unplug all these from the wall over night and find what I hear the next day. Unplugged from the phone and internet for 20 hours... that's scary!