IGNORED

More Apple HD Audio reports coming out

Apple rumours again... yawn!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Apple rumours again... yawn!

*lol* I know. They are the news so much it's getting boring for people. They are really moving this year and I would not discount the rumours about high resolution downloads. They are going to come out with really hot processors and hardware that will easily handle high res music I'm betting.

David

*lol* I know. They are the news so much it's getting boring for people. They are really moving this year and I would not discount the rumours about high resolution downloads. They are going to come out with really hot processors and hardware that will easily handle high res music I'm betting.

I'm not necessarily discounting them... but Apple rumours have started to become a case of make as many predictions as you can; one or two will be right so you can claim the source is "often right".

As I commented else where: for how many years have Apple been "about to launch a HDTV"?

Beats and the association with Jimmy Iovine starts to make some of these rumours possibly make sence... Perhaps if streaming was offered at 256kbps with links to the HD (lossless or 24bit plus) downloads from iTunes...

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

I'm not necessarily discounting them... but Apple rumours have started to become a case of make as many predictions as you can; one or two will be right so you can claim the source is "often right".

As I commented else where: for how many years have Apple been "about to launch a HDTV"?

Beats and the association with Jimmy Iovine starts to make some of these rumours possibly make sence... Perhaps if streaming was offered at 256kbps with links to the HD (lossless or 24bit plus) downloads from iTunes...

Somewhat OT but follows on the Beat / J.Iovine purchase...our national newspaper had a article that made reference and possible comparisons to Apple and Sony's fall from grace...the preeminent music hardware vendor, once at the top of everyone's list and now second rate...this purchase by Apple has enough about it to inspire some concern.

One thing which does smell a bit fishy re Beats/Apple merger... While Apple can obviously afford it; would it fall foul of competition regulators (do you have those in USA) I mean the biggest music retailer purchasing the biggest provider if streaming services ... If anything is anti-competitive perhaps this would be?

Eloise

PS I've remembered: would be anti-trust regulation.

Eloise

---

One thing which does smell a bit fishy re Beats/Apple merger... While Apple can obviously afford it; would it fall foul of competition regulators (do you have those in USA) I mean the biggest music retailer purchasing the biggest provider if streaming services ... If anything is anti-competitive perhaps this would be?

Eloise

PS I've remembered: would be anti-trust regulation.

I think we're off that right now in favor of too big to fail. Comcast/Time Warner should be raising many more flags and it is only a mumble.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

I mean the biggest music retailer purchasing the biggest provider if streaming services ... If anything is anti-competitive perhaps this would be?

Beats might be the most profitable headphone manufacturer, but they're not close to the biggest when it comes to streaming services.

Given the current regulatory climate in the US, it seems unlikely that the Beats acquisition would present any problems. To me the notion that Apple is acquiring Beats for its streaming service, as much as anything else, makes a certain amount of sense. It also seems reasonable that they'd keep the Beats brand in play, especially for the hardware. (All of this is, of course, speculation on my part.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I think we're off that right now in favor of too big to fail. Comcast/Time Warner should be raising many more flags and it is only a mumble.

Amen. Note that Comcast/NBC-U went through without much fuss, and that was way more egregious than Apple/Beats would be.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5