IGNORED

Audirvana, lampizator and DSD

I spent most of yesterday researching and experimenting trying to get my new Lampizator DAC to play DSD natively. Pretty sure I read everything on the internet searching the above keywords. It will only play with sound when automatic detection is selected in the pull down menu on Audirvana, The DSD64 and DSD128 stay the grey, unless I switch to DSD over PCM but then i get no sound. I read about needing the volume to be all the way up on the software but that didn't help.

When automatic detection is selected is it playing natively? It sounds amazing, just wondering if i'm doing it right.

I was able to apply the filters and get rid of the hiss/static that was present.

Any suggestions? or comments?

When automatic detection is selected is it playing natively? It sounds amazing, just wondering if i'm doing it right.

You can tell if A+ is playing DSD by looking at its display. Near the bottom of the display, just above the elapsed-time bar, are two sets of information. The left-hand set refers to the source, and the right-hand refers to the output.

So if the set on the right is something like "DAC: DSD64 Stereo," you're good.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

You can tell if A+ is playing DSD by looking at its display. Near the bottom of the display, just above the elapsed-time bar, are two sets of information. The left-hand set refers to the source, and the right-hand refers to the output.

So if the set on the right is something like "DAC: DSD64 Stereo," you're good.

--David

Crap. It doesn't say that. It says 32/176.4. But when I use DSD over PCM it does say DSD64 but there is no sound as it plays.

Thank you for replying!