IGNORED

HQ Player

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

Switch looks fine, but you have only one interface enabled on your server?

the server motherboard has two network ports, but one is not in use.

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

25 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you are on Windows, go to Control Panel, Network, Change Adapter Settings. Click the unused port and press the disable button in the toolbar. At the same time, check that there are no other interfaces either, such as some virtual adapter. All but the used one should be grayed out.

network port disabled,
there are no virtual adapters on the server.
I restarted the server, I restarted the laptop .... but nothing changes ..... I always have to enter the server IP manually.
for information I say that I have installed the virtual adapters but they are not in use on the mac laptop where there is also the hqp client .... but I think they do not affect the functionality of the client on the laptop .....

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

18 hours ago, Miska said:

How about interfaces on the laptop? Maybe the discovery message goes to a wrong interface there?

Jussi ..... I give up .....
i removed vb-cable but the problem remains
it means that I will manually put the ip on the laptop client,
it doesn't seem like a big deal to me after all. 🤷‍♂️

sistema:

with beta2 I can do asdm7ECv2 dsd256
before with my i7-6700 it was not possible.
thanks Jussi

sistema:

53 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

Can you please also report on beta1 performance? Beta1 seems to work better for a few of us here it would be great to have the comparison. I suppose that might help Miska in his decisions?

thanks

Deric

I installed the beta1 and I don't find particular differences in dsd (always asdm7ECv2)
while the pcm the beta1 has performed almost everything (almost eh) with the poly-sinc-gauss-xl ... at 1.411mhz .... but before the end of the song the glichs started
on beta2 i glich immediately .....
here are the differences here and with my pc-server ....

Schermata 2022-01-05 alle 18.21.06.png

Schermata 2022-01-05 alle 18.21.43.png

sistema:

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Is this like the Thesycon driver control panel? When you can set streaming mode to "Safe" and select biggest possible buffer? And leave "Buffer time" (for ASIO backend) in HQPlayer set to "Default" so that HQPlayer uses the values proposed by the driver.

Jussi,
when I use your image for NAA - fitlet (4123 x64)
  do I set the buffer time to 100ms?
using qobuz do I set it to a higher value?
thank you.

sistema:

6 minutes ago, GMG said:

Does HQPlayer have a multi-zone option? is it in future plans?

actually there is already ......
a server connected to a switch and from here you connect 2-3 naa each in a different room and connected to a different system ....
sure it can work one at a time .... at least I think.

sistema:

2 minutes ago, GMG said:

I meant playing the same synced music on multiple zones at the same time

ah! ok
here only Jussi can answer you 

sistema:

• 2 weeks later...

updated to 4.16.0
surely it seems more stable in the connection when I use a laptop with the client .....
but I still haven't figured out how to make a play-list of the tracks .....
if I add an album and it ends ...
it restarts from the first track the ones it played before ....

sistema:

9 minutes ago, Miska said:

On the right side you have playlist editor. If you have just album selected and click [+] you get the entire album added to the playlist.

17643848_Screenshotfrom2022-01-2019-07-49.thumb.png.c2e45161cb967d7de372736d41205772.png

I double-clicked on the album (not the author)
and added it to the list on the left ..... but obviously I was wrong! 🤷‍♂️

sistema:

I added a track using the + sign
but the album that was playing .....
started playing again from the first track ......

Schermata 2022-01-20 alle 18.22.51.png

sistema:

if I play using the third screen ..... it does something
in the sense that it plays in order but at a certain point it jumps to the first track above.
in short, it does not respect the order of the audio tracks

Schermata 2022-01-20 alle 19.13.04.png

sistema:

it goes back to the first track of the list and shows the cover of the album it is playing....

if I move to the central screen I can correctly see the album and the track being played

Schermata 2022-01-20 alle 19.53.18.png

sistema:

Jussi
it seems that they do not flow the same ...
maybe that's correct eh! ......

Schermata 2022-01-21 alle 13.32.33.png

Schermata 2022-01-21 alle 13.32.45.png

sistema:

created a play list ....
but in the two screens they are displayed differently
....it's correct ?

sistema:

however it works eh! .....
as you can see, he went from one album to another

always in the same playlist

great job!
thanks Miska 👏

Schermata 2022-01-21 alle 13.55.46.png

Schermata 2022-01-21 alle 13.56.00.png

sistema:

1 minute ago, Miska said:

It is supposed to be possible to install standalone Client.

I have always installed server and client in two different partitions ......
the server in a ram-disk partition
and the client on disk C:

sistema:

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

Which way differently? You mean the selected track? 

yes

sistema:

5 minutes ago, Miska said:

there it has no relation to playback.

OK thank you ! 👍

sistema:

10 hours ago, Miska said:

How about using Qobuz with native HQPlayer without Roon?

Jussi
but using desktop as embedded for qobuz management is a feasible thing?
by doing so, the client is bypassed and everything (perhaps) becomes easier in managing the streaming.
adopting a dlna or a UPnP .....🙄

sistema:

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

Not sure I understand.

in other words .... can I use a UPnp app as a bubble for managing qobuz on desktop?

sistema:

3 hours ago, Miska said:

No, UPnP Renderer functionality is only in HQPlayer Embedded...

pity not being able to have the UPnp render functionality on desktop versions .....🤷‍♂️

sistema:

23 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

Done, but nothing happens it actually stays there like the music playback is in pause :

image.thumb.png.2cc54db04bf33baa5717b41c0f408baa.png

Update the dac drivers, you are using 

an outdated version.

sistema:

11 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

It has the latest version

V3.12.0 (Current latest version)

- Date 29th Nov 2021 

- Compatible with macOS / winOS / Linux  

- Improved low level STM MCU32 USB handshake with host

- Supports PCM1536 / DSD1024

what you have installed is the usb firmware.
this....

https://www.denafrips.com/usb-mcu-firmware-update-mac

i mean thesycon asio drivers
these....

https://www.denafrips.com/win-os

here are the last ones...

https://www.denafrips.com/support

Schermata 2022-01-25 alle 11.54.36.png

sistema:

if instead you use the image of Miska on NAA ....
.... you don't actually need the terminator drivers 🤷‍♂️

sistema: