IGNORED

HQ Player

1 hour ago, toddrhodes said:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but I recently built a digital-digital converter using an Amanero Combo384 USB streamer and some Ian Canada goods.

I am able to play Native DSD512 to it via direct connection to my PC but from the 4112 NAA Image, all I can get it to do is DSD128 via DoP. I'm assuming/guessing this is a driver issue or possibly a 384 FW issue, but my results on Windows at least are encouraging in that respect.

Any suggestions on how to enable Native DSD to at least 256 via the NAA image? NAA does pick it up as "Combo384" as the output device.

Thanks!

There are known issues with the original Amanero firmware using Linux based sources.  There is much discussion about it in T+A DAC8DSD and threads.  There are newer versions that, I believe, work correctly up to DSD512.

1 hour ago, asdf1000 said:

poly-sinc-short-mp would be ideal for these styles?

I find that one very good for classic rock, pop, prog, etc.  But, I get caught up a little with checking ext2 and Sinc-S and M and they are just different.  Not necessarily better or worse, just different!