IGNORED

HQ Player

53 minutes ago, sbenyo said:

I am using hqplayer with ryzen threadripper 1920x. It works fine most of the time with the most demanding filters (xtr-lp) up sampling  to DSD512.

From some reason I cannot use CUDA offloading properly. I have Nvidia gtx 1060 6GB which should be compatible.

When I turn it on music staggers. I have to use it on partial which indicates convolution only but when playing  a song it displays CUDA offload details which says: upsampler=disabled convolution=disabled. I also don't see any GPU usage in the task manager for hqplayer.

Does anyone experience the same thing? Does anyone know why I cannot offload to GPU?

I have the same card, and had the similar issue until I upgrade to the latest driver.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Foggie said:

Sorry in advance and I feel like I should now the answer to this, but for testing purposes - in a 2 computer setup (roon core/server on one wkst and HQP on second wkst) can I hook up the second wkst directly to DAC via USB and still use ROON and push to the HQP wkst (asio/waspi out)?  I want to remove my NAA endpoint (OR) as test but don't want to lose my ROON functions?

Short answer is "Yes".  It should work as described as long as they are on the same network.

3 hours ago, Foggie said:

That's encouraging - will the HQP wkst (2nd computer direct to DAC) basically act as the NAA in this scenario?

It will acted as single computer connected directly to the DAC without NAA.

56 minutes ago, Foggie said:

Thanks! but my initial response indicated my setup + experiment goal which includes an NAA (OR) and am familiar with most of this stuff -  I was just trying to get an idea on if what I wanted to do will work with roon.

When connect to the same network, you can have multiple combinations with more or less number of computers.  For example, ROON core can be on one computer, HQPlayer can be on second computer, NAA on a third computer, and ROON control can be on a fourth computer.

• 6 months later...