IGNORED

HQ Player

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Miska said:

I'm just eager to utilize what ever they can offer, for improved sound quality... :D

Too bad they are so slow rolling out faster CPUs. ;)

There are no changes in 4.7.1 that should have big impact on these things. I changed a few optimizations, but those affect Pro more (to be released some time later).

For me, things run the same as before on i7-8086K, i9-9900K(S) and i9-10900K. I have one new machine with the new i9-10850K which is very close to i9-10900K, but cheaper. Will test on that one later (it runs Win 10).

I have the 8086K also have not been able to do ASDM7EC since 4.6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Miska said:

Depends on price and what you want to do. I still haven't got time to test even on the 3080 I have available. But from future proofing perspective getting something fresh is certainly better.

Okay thanks.Is there a CPU that can do all filters up to dsd 256 including sinc-l 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Nope, I tried ipv6 as well, same result.

I will connect a monitor and check. What the heck could be causing it not to boot when ropiee works on the exact same hardware, even the same sd card?

edit: Could the fact it's a 64GB sd card make a difference? I am using Etcher to put the NAA image on the card.

Never had luck using Etcher.Did you try Rufus ?

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, austinpop said:

Just wanted to check again if anyone running HQPlayer4Desktop 4.90 on Windows 10 with NAA has run into an issue where NAA crashes frequently? In my case, both are running on the same box (SGM Extreme).

@Miska I've yet to identify a 100% repeatable failing scenario, but it usually happens after HQP is in a stopped state, and I hit play. I can emai you a log file from HQP, but I don't know if there is a log file in NAA I can enable?

I'm running HQPlayer Embedded Ubuntu constant NAA crashes.

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Miska said:

It actually performs equally well compared to the normal build on i7-8086K when tested with HQPlayer Embedded. It just suffers quite a lot on my Xeon W2245 because I had to disable AVX-512 support and bunch of other things too.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Mark Labbett said:

still get that message, and i don't use Roon. If i don't set it to DoP does that mean it is outputting DSD directly? I have an Eastern Electric supreme and I thought it only did DoP?

Are you using on windows if so your dac requires a driver ?

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@Miska I'm about done with a little video showing the install of HQPe on Ubuntu. However, when I check the status of HQP I see it won't start. Any ideas? 

● hqplayerd.service - HQPlayer Embedded daemon

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/hqplayerd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2021-08-20 18:01:56 UTC; 89ms ago

Process: 1105 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hqplayerd (code=exited, status=127)

Main PID: 1105 (code=exited, status=127)

Getting the same thing

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Miska said:

Change from last version that may affect this is the file open dialog hook for the "upload playlist" functionality.

Installer installs a new component for this. If there are modifications to Windows, I would look into that. Otherwise, uninstall old HQPlayer version, make sure there's nothing left under "C:\Program Files\Signalyst", reboot computer and then reinstall.

Tested on latest Win 10 Pro in stock condition.

Windows 10 home.Did as you suggested.Still does not work.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Change from last version that may affect this is the file open dialog hook for the "upload playlist" functionality.

Installer installs a new component for this. If there are modifications to Windows, I would look into that. Otherwise, uninstall old HQPlayer version, make sure there's nothing left under "C:\Program Files\Signalyst", reboot computer and then reinstall.

Tested on latest Win 10 Pro in stock condition.

Tried both on windows 10 laptop and desktop. 4.16 client will not open on either.HQPlayer looks like its going to open but doesn't.It does however show thats its running in task manager ?

10 hours ago, fred_com said:

I had the same happen to me yesterday. Do you install the client only, and unselect the server part during the install? If so, please try installing with the server option - that's what helped me to run the .16 client on my Windows PC.

Yes was only trying to install client.Installed complete 4.16 download now client works.Never had this issue before this release