IGNORED

HQ Player

On 11/14/2022 at 11:20 PM, Chodi said:

I upgraded to new version 4.20 on my Windows 11 computer. The program opens but is frozen. Cannot select any option. Then in a few seconds perhaps 60 the program closes itself? I tried completely uninstalling the program and reinstalling. Same results. I tried uninstalling and reboot then  install. Same results. I then uninstalled 4.20 and installed the previous version which works fine as it always did. So on my Windows 11 computer 4.20 will not function. Any advice?

Same here, HQP Win v4.20 seems to automatically close itself after running a short time along with the latest Roon v2.0.3 Build 1148, hopefully a bug fix will come soon.

• 5 months later...

Great upgrade @Miska, do you still see AMSDM7EC 512+fs DSD1024 as a better option than ASDM7ECv3 DSD512 on Holo May DAC?

Previously my system was running flawlessly with ASDM7ECv2 DSD512 on everything ranging from 44.1-384K PCM & DSD64 -512, but in recent months I've been experiencing AMSDM7EC 512+fs DSD1024 a lot, I find for 1x/poly-sinc-ext3 it actually sounds great, dare I say even better than ASDM7ECv2 DSD512. Unfortunately for Nx, 96K/192K sinc-L DSD1024 is not smooth on Windows, even sinc-Ll is dropping, so I had to settle down in sinc-Lm, which I didn't hear much difference compared to sinc-L ASDM7ECv2 DSD512. Just checked 5.0.0 and ASDM7ECv3 DSD512 is working great, haven't got time to see if ASDM7EC-light or ASDM7EC-light 512+fs is workable in DSD1024, so curious to see how these perform.

@MiskaAny idea the nominal v5 GPU load with MGa on a 3090? Weirdly I just couldn't get the usage up no matter what settings which prevents my achieving DSD1024 (other than 7EC-light & AMSDM7EC 512+fs), wondering if it's OS related...

My 12900K+3090+Win10

image.thumb.png.408bce331d533d335e58715df3b1cbd7.png

From someone else's 13900K+3090+Win11

image.thumb.png.b3cabe3224de3a60f2fe425b4792c9cb.png

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Windows resource monitor shows completely bogus GPU loads when CUDA is active.

Instead, open command prompt and run "nvidia-smi -l 5" and you get better idea. Although on Windows the information is pretty limited.

But also check that you are using latest Nvidia Studio driver (or Game Ready if you want to also do some gaming). If the driver is too old, CUDA offload falls off - this is Nvidia software stack feature.

I checked Nvidia-smi as well, it was around 25-30, more or less in line with CUDA usage on windows resource manager, using the latest driver by the way.

• 8 months later...
16 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

Since HQPDcontrol was updated just a few days ago only now I used the new feature of changing filters and modulators "on the fly" during playback. What a killer feature to directly compare settings. Incredible! Awesome!

Many thanks @Miska 👌

Holy smoke, I thought changing on the fly only worked on HQP Client itself, just downloaded HQPDcontrol v4 on iPhone, it even works through Roon, although modulator/filter switch only shows up on HQP Desktop but not on Roon itself, no big deal though... truly amazing feature for filter rolling

Just test on 5.4.1 with E-core allocation set to "filter" on Intel 12900K, since E-Core IPC is much worse, offloading filter on these weak cores cause huge stuttering for AMSDM7EC 512+fs/DSD1024/sinc-MGa. Just keep leaving them to 8 P-Cores on Intel, maybe it works better on Mac? Default & DSP Pool makes no difference for me as I don't use convolution.

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

Setting it to "pool" also affects those settings, also without convolution. Running poly-sinc-gauss-long to DSD512 works fine on E-cores on my i9-13900T, with about 10% load on each of the 16 E-cores. Should also keep the power consumption lower that way.

Interestingly, after I switch Multicore DSP from greyed to checked, playback become much better (still stuttering every 10 seconds), meanwhile more offloading are going to the GPU CUDA somehow..,.still mine is not able to offload evenly on 8 E-Cores, just a bit load on E-Core 0, I'll keep the setting on DSP Pool at the moment.

• 4 months later...

@Miska Been away 2 months, updating to the latest Roon+HQ Dektop on Windows, the Holo May+Red combo was working pretty darn well with AMSDM7EC 512+fs DSD1024 x48 before, now 1024 didn't work at all except on AHM7EC5L, is this because of the DAC Correction? Any way to disable that (all default settings under matrix tab)?