IGNORED

JRiver

It provides both library management and playback for your music files. It is extremely powerful but not the easiest software in the world to use. I switched to it a few months ago and have never looked back.

Have you checked out the company's website and downloaded a trial version?

The Jriver Wiki is a good place to start:

Getting Started - JRiverWiki

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

It provides both library management and playback for your music files. It is extremely powerful but not the easiest software in the world to use. I switched to it a few months ago and have never looked back.

Have you checked out the company's website and downloaded a trial version?

The Jriver Wiki is a good place to start:

Getting Started - JRiverWiki

Yeah just had a quick look, thanks mate. I am waiting till my system gets properly set up before getting the demo. Thanks.

If you are on a Windows OS you would be good to go with JRiver Media Center. The only short fall there is, I believe, it won't synch with Apple devices (iPhones, iPads etc). As far as Mac OS users (like myself) JRMC still is not a full fledged tool. Unlike the Windows version the Mac version does not provide a ripping capability nor support videos. There are some other smaller thing like the interface being a little too "Windows-like" for Many Mac users and not as fully editable as the Windows versions. From it basic and primary focus managing and playing back a music library it is excellent and it's JRemote feature far outstrips the Apple Remote app. I do 90% of my listening with JRMC but 100% of my ripping and metadata management with iTunes and XLD just importing the results to JRMC.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

There are several thorough discussions on JRiver already here on CA. Browse them and learn. Go advanced search and use JRIver for key word in thread titles

I have created two videos that are screencasts with my narration. They take you through setting up, using and maintaining (tagging, custom views, etc) your music library (both PCM and DSD0 with JRiver. The link to it is also a JRiver tutorial tips and techniques thread I started. Feel free to browse.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/j-river-tips-and-techniques-user-experiences-repository-13684/index3.html#post272960

If you are on a Windows OS you would be good to go with JRiver Media Center. The only short fall there is, I believe, it won't synch with Apple devices (iPhones, iPads etc). As far as Mac OS users (like myself) JRMC still is not a full fledged tool. Unlike the Windows version the Mac version does not provide a ripping capability nor support videos. There are some other smaller thing like the interface being a little too "Windows-like" for Many Mac users and not as fully editable as the Windows versions. From it basic and primary focus managing and playing back a music library it is excellent and it's JRemote feature far outstrips the Apple Remote app. I do 90% of my listening with JRMC but 100% of my ripping and metadata management with iTunes and XLD just importing the results to JRMC.

I'm also on a Mac. I do all my listening and metadata management with JRiver but use XLD for ripping and conversion. The interface was a bit of a cultural shock for a hardcore Mac user like myself but you get used to it. It would be great if you could use the standard Apple key shortcuts though.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull