IGNORED

HD vs. HR

The 90/10 split between vision/hearing wasn't my estimate. It was based upon the amount of information flowing through our senses as determined by research. Total sensory input is somewhere around 11 mbps. Right near 10 mbps is vision. About 900kbps for hearing, and the other senses around 100-120 kbps.

Now the processing that goes on with those input bitstreams is far in excess of that. One reason we probably have an easier time using a proxy for real vision is our much more highly developed pattern matching and processing of things visual. The lesser ability with sound means it has to be better for us to make do with it. Our even lesser abilities with other senses makes them even harder to trick in some ways.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if and how that fluctuates with ones vision or lack of.

David

I trust more ears than eyes.

Ask a magician...

Roch

Yet I want to be tricked into believing with audio…

I listen to music, not test signals. The more believable I find it, the more I get enjoyment out of it.

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification