IGNORED

Bring Me the Horizon Sempiternal on HDTracks

Anyone have this? I know HR and this band are an oxymoron. Worst DR for and album from the CD at a 4.

I saw this band last night at House of Blues in Chicago because my daughter wanted to go for her 16th birthday. I was just the driver since she'd meet up with friends. I was totally knocked out by this band and the energy of the crowd: singing with and jumping all around. Even at Dad age I am a fan. It really woke me up that DR, bitrate, is all a load of whatever compared to sheer energy of music and the excitement of being there with everyone. I had totally forgot what it felt like to be young and rebellious listening to a band.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

I bit the bullet and bought this. Same as the CD as far as I can tell but with 24 bit. HDTracks price was about the same as I could have bought the Deluxe CD for which has all the same tracks minus the DVD bonus disk. I wonder if this would actually sound better if it had better DR or would lose the impact?

On reflection after seeing the band Tuesday I will go on record saying it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. No I haven't lost my mind. It was an event for sure with energy, stage presence and killer impact that knocked me over. It was definitely a you-had-to-be-there moment.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 2 weeks later...

I like BMTH and this album. I have purchased on CD, and not sure about going to HD. I have already purchased two other albums from this label, Epitaph, from HD after buying CD. I have linked my reviews below. One was slightly better than red book, the other I could not notice much of a difference.

I usted to live in Chicago and go to HoB for concerts all the time. It is a great venue. I listen to a lot of metal music. Partly for the reason you noted. Once you go to a concert and feel the energy, you can recreate that just listening at home. Even with poor DR, some of my favorite metal albums still make the hair on my arms and neck raise when listening.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-audiophile-downloads/converge-all-we-love-we-leave-behind-17473/

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-audiophile-downloads/parkway-drive-atlas-17466/

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

J,

You verbalized exactly what I felt about the show!

The CD and the HDTracks are the same as far as I can hear. I'll give the CD a listen again. Maybe the HDT has an edge but small at best.