IGNORED

Shelby Lynne, Just A Little Lovin and her other, better albums...

I may offend the Audiophile gods by saying this but I think Just A Little Lovin is not as good as some of her other albums and therefore, not her best.

Out of the 6 albums in this picture, I think Just A Little Lovin is no better than all but Love, Shelby and Tears, Lies, and Alibis. I like that she writes her songs herself, that they are not contrived, share real emotions, and show the best of what a singer/songwriter can be. They also sound pretty good, IMO. Just A Little Lovin is mostly covers, and in my opinion that is not what Shelby does best.

I would very much like to see her other albums released in Hi-Res and/or DSD, if any one reading this can make that happen.

bettershelby.png

justshelby.png

No electron left behind.

Thanks for the recommendations. I only have JALL and it was the first (and only) album of hers that I have heard. Mostly I bought it from AS as my first DSD album based on recommendations from CA members.

I really enjoy it, in part as counterpoint to the Dusty Springfield originals that she covers, as well as the superb SQ, and the sparse arrangements and instrumentation. I will give a listen to the others and share your enthusiasm for their future release in DSD or 24/192.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

... JALL (I like that abbreviation)

I was being JTLTT.

Thanks for the specific recs. I was not sure how to correctly interpret your "...is no better than all but..." syntax.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

I was being JTLTT.

Thanks for the specific recs. I was not sure how to correctly interpret your "...is no better than all but..." syntax.

Yeah, I think what I was trying to say is that, the others are as good as, but didn't want to post JALL as the top dog, because IMO, it isn't... If that makes sense.

I would edit it if I could now. More reason not to drink and post...

No electron left behind.