IGNORED

Backing up a NAS

Hello

Can someone recommend a PC software that can be used to synchronize a QNAP NAS with an external hard drive?

I want to have another back up, a part from the RAID included in the NAS.

My external back up drive on my PC doesn't see the NAS, so have to manually back it up.

Thx

Bernard

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

You might want to look at the robocopy command with the mirror option. You can create a robocopy job which will mirror your NAS drive to a drive attached to your work station. Just remember when you mirror it will delete as well as adding the new files. The nice thing about the robocopy mirror job, it will only copy the changes so it will not have to copy everything every time.

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

If you have a windows box on the network you can use Robocopy that comes with Windows. That's is how I do it. Its super fast and free.

Here's the command you run to start the sync. Just change the IP address and folder locations in the example below to match your own setup.

robocopy "\\192.168.2.10\data\MUSIC" "G:\MUSIC_II" /MIR /COPY:DAT /v /FFT /TEE /R:1

Welp, it looks like the forum won't let me insert the command properly without making two of the characters a smiley face. That sucks!!

Anyway, in place of the smiley face use a : and a D

Thanks, but I'm not comfortable playing with DOS commands.

I thought there might be a user friendly software out there... Just plug in source and destination and schedule.

Thx

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

If you want automatic backups then I think Microsoft Home Server is about the easiest tool I have seen. Microsoft Home Server 2011 cost less than $50.00. But if you install Home server you will not need a NAS as home server will also be your NAS.

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps