IGNORED

Low Jitter Streamer - Colorfly C4 Pro / NAD M50 / Others

I am looking for an extremely low jitter source (under USD 2000) to stream digital output over sPDIF or AES/EBU to my NAD M51 DAC.

Colorfly Pocket HiFi C4 Pro seems to be a good option because of it 2ps jitter at its sPDIF output. Has anyone used Colorfly C4 Pro as a digital source in their audio system?

NAD M50 seems to be a good option. What is the jitter on the NAD M50 Digital Streamer?

Please let me know your experiences.

Isn't the colorfly a portable player? I supposed it might be good but it and the M50 are totally different animals and I don't think they are really comparable. To answer your question NAD hasn't ever published a number. Jitter is complicated and reducing it to a single number doesn't really mean much. The M50 is a very good player with very low jitter and it would be a great mate for your M51.

The one online review of the M50 I found compares it favorably to Linn and Naim streamers that cost much more:

NAD M50 & M52 | The Ear

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

I will be listening to the M50 next week.

This week I tried the BADA Alpha USB with M51 and it took M51 to a different level. I have auditioned Musical Fidelity and the new Bel Canto USB/sPDIF converters; BADA Alpha USB is in a different league. I hope that I can achieve a similar sound with M50.

Isn't the colorfly a portable player? I supposed it might be good but it and the M50 are totally different animals and I don't think they are really comparable. To answer your question NAD hasn't ever published a number. Jitter is complicated and reducing it to a single number doesn't really mean much. The M50 is a very good player with very low jitter and it would be a great mate for your M51.

The one online review of the M50 I found compares it favorably to Linn and Naim streamers that cost much more:

NAD M50 & M52 | The Ear

The Berkeley Alpha seems to be the consensus best USB converter. The Berkeley going through the AES connection to the M51 should be a really, really good combination. The M50 should be in the same league per all reports I have read/heard. When you try the M50 with the M51, listen through the AES connection and also through HDMI (with a good cable.) I have read the HDMI connection is actually the best way to hook these two units together and takes performance to another league. I would be interested if you find a difference.

I will be listening to the M50 next week.

This week I tried the BADA Alpha USB with M51 and it took M51 to a different level. I have auditioned Musical Fidelity and the new Bel Canto USB/sPDIF converters; BADA Alpha USB is in a different league. I hope that I can achieve a similar sound with M50.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

• 3 weeks later...