IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, highend-pcdoctor said:

Hello romaz,

You can download 2.20 beta 4 from the https://www.highend-audiopc.com/download

I have been using it for a while on my Windows Server 2016 core Audio-PC without any issues.

My player of choice is HySolid which sounds great. I have posted installation instructions on CA and JPlay forums to install HySolid if your setup is Windows 2016 core. If you are using JPlay you need to follow the instructions, if you don't use JPlay then it is a straight forward installation. I use Q-Dir in core to save me a lot of CLI typing.

So, Phil keeps producing better, and better SQ with each of his releases, his software is a must have for any computer audio, whether you are an audiophile or not.

Version 2.20 b4 has a deeper, wider soundstage, more definition and details in the voices, instruments, and definitely improvement in the layering over the other iterations of the 2.20 beta releases. It just keeps on getting better.

I am chomping at the bit, waiting and hoping that he will get Roon and Tidal working in Windows Server 2016 core.B|

Best,

Leon

Leon, I believe you missed the point of my post. I'm sure it sounds great but I have zero interest in a beta. It was Phil himself that suggested he has figured out how to run Roon in Core mode based on his response to my query (Phil, correct me if I've misunderstood your statement). This is HUGE!!! All I want to know now is when 2.20 will be released. Just a simple question. I'm not trying to rush anyone but this is truly exciting news!

1 hour ago, greenleo said:

Hi Roy,

It seems to me that Phil answered elsewhere that it's ROON that can't work in the Core mode.  I'm using Core 2016 right now, excited by Phil's reply as what you've quoted and waiting the production version of the AO v.20 as well.

All I can say, Green Leo, is that on 2 Feb, I mentioned to Phil that I thought it would be really nice if he could figure out a way to run RoonServer in Core mode and out of the blue, last Thursday, Phil decided to respond to my post from 2 Feb and this was his response:

You decide for yourself why he would respond in this fashion.

Then, when I responded back with the following response, Phil gave me "reputation" for it.  

Again, you decide for yourself what this means.  Phil, himself, has suggested that 2.20 will be huge and perhaps the most important upgrade since AO's inception.

• 2 weeks later...