IGNORED

Marantz NA 7004

Like many others, I got this at the new $399 price, primarily for the DAC. I've got it setup with an ioGear wireless adapter. It's all configured and connected, but I get "Server Disconnected" on Internet radio for any station a lot of the time.

Any ideas? I know these stations aren't off the "air."

Like many others, I got this at the new $399 price, primarily for the DAC. I've got it setup with an ioGear wireless adapter. It's all configured and connected, but I get "Server Disconnected" on Internet radio for any station a lot of the time.

Any ideas? I know these stations aren't off the "air."

First, that s not the "new" price but it's close out price, as that model has been discontinued. Second, if you haven't already done it, I would hook the unit up hard wired to your router and do a firmware update. Then try the wireless to Ethernet connection again and see if that helped. If that doesn't fix the issue I would try another wireless adaptor.

I have had a number of these through my shop and none of them have had issues as you describe.

David

Went through configuring the adapter and the network settings on the NA and all is well. Thanks for your suggestions.

If it get's squirrelly on you again I would look at replacing your wireless adaptor with the Apple AirPort Express which I have found to be rock solid in use with streamers such as the Marantz.

David

If it get's squirrelly on you again I would look at replacing your wireless adaptor with the Apple AirPort Express which I have found to be rock solid in use with streamers such as the Marantz.
You could also try powerline homeplugs as an alternative to using wireless for the relevant parts of your computer network. If the wireless network can't cope with the relatively low bitrates of internet radio, there's even less chance of it dealing with CD quality and higher resolution file streaming, should you wish to use the Marantz for that purpose in the future.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

The powerline homeplug adapters use electrical power outlets (and therefore building's electrical power circuit) to connect the devices to the computer network.

In your case you'd use one of a pair of adapters plugged into the power outlet originally used by the Marantz, plug the Marantz's power cord into the adapter & an ethernet cable from the Marantz to the adapter. The second of the two adapters would be used in a similar fashion for the router in the other room.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox