IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hi guys! Is there someone using the Hotspot in Daphile to help me out please?

I cannot connect to Daphile Hotspot trying to fill in the default password in smartphone which sees the Hotspot but refuse to connect saying that maybe there's wrong password... Tried it many times with always the same result.   

Is there something wrong that I do?

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, botrytis said:

Asking a stupid question here. Did you make sure Daphile actually has an IP address?

If you connect a monitor to the PC with Daphile, it will show an IP address on the screen.

You mean static IP, of course it has. Enabling hotspot means daphile maintains it's own wi-fi sid (daphile) which I can connect to to control player, i.e. no need to connect to local network, or in case when there's not a local net. My phone actually can see daphile hotspot but cannot connect to using the the right password (secret1234 by default or any other one). So I can't get why?🤔

• 3 months later...

Hi, Happy Holidays!!

and please take note that unfortunately the latest version of Daphile, 2020-12-29 version 20.12 (x86_64, x86_64-rt & i486) changes:
- LMS update to Dec 22nd, 2020 Git version (8.0 branch, commit:8b4b6da)
- Kernel update to 5.4.85 and 5.4.85-rt47
- Bug fixes and component updates

seems not to be working properly, at least in my environment i.e. no Tidal, no end devices, no library browsing, resulting crashes etc, so please be aware before you decide to upgrade from previous beta, which was fine, Tidal etc...

Hope that developer will fix it soon and we all hopefully enjoy this great piece of software into New Year 2021!

Cheers and may you stay tuned to Daphile for good!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, saroumanjs said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but daphile "core" is send to the RAM, so whatever the speed of the usb port it change nothing, just the loading time maybe.

I'd also a question, since the 20.08 I can't use Trackstat anymore (unactive and disappear from the plugin list). The last version don't correct it, other return for Trackstat?

Yes, you're right, Daphile works from RAM, but loading time can matter, though normally USB 2.0 is more than enough.

Never used Trackstat plugin, but checked now the last beta and, no - there's no such in the plugin list anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I recently noiced Daphile switches to next track in playlist every 4.32~ minutes if resampling to higher PCM rates, in my case 44,1x8 or x16. Seems only to play the track right to the end if it's shorter than 4 minutes, and if last track in playlist is longer than 4.xx minutes it simply stops playing. Streaming locally or internet (Tidal) looks like the same...

I always resample on server side and not in player, using 2 PC setup. Before I used only PCM>DSD128 (256) conversion always with success and never knew about this seemingly a PCM-only resampling behaviour issue. Tried to change some settings including buffers etc, but nothing works. The workload on my Intel i5 CPU is also only 10% doing PCM>PCM up, so looks like nothing to do with cpu overload here...

I'll be very grateful, If someone could help to insight and share possible solution maybe having experienced the same issue like mine here,

and always cheers to all!

• 2 years later...

Hi @stefano_mbp

Can you please share what settings do you use when playing DSD from Daphile to HQP using UPnP/DLNA Bridge in Daphile? 

To me it seems  broken somewhere between HQP and Bridge itself, since I happen only to play max one track in native format... 

In File types it shows only Transcode DSF to mp3 or Disable though I select No Transcode in Bridge... Looks really frustrating... 

Thanks in advance if you can help) 

Screenshot_2023-08-23-14-37-11-092-edit_com.opera.browser.thumb.jpg.303fcfeba163657aa999238ea892dc0f.jpg

5 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

You need to setup the UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin as follows

IMG_2662.thumb.jpeg.142cc72b097735d48cc2716a9f154ba0.jpegIMG_2663.thumb.jpeg.588e9fbbbcfbc243a52065088b7a9655.jpeg

You must first select the binary and generate the Configuration file 

set then Streaming options Http mode to no length 

and add in UPnP Player audio capabilities/Codecs the value dsf

Remember to restart the Bridge every time you change any parameter.

Now go to Player section and select the HQPlayer device, in Audio settings disable the settings as in the screenshot

IMG_2661.thumb.jpeg.71fed1b3fbebcaa744247bd973d448f4.jpeg

You should now be able to play to HQPlayer embedded dsf files

IMG_2658.thumb.jpeg.835e44a2cea51935185a5a3ea9a45708.jpeg
IMG_2664.thumb.jpeg.e9f33db2d4091822f8a6f66a47f3ab07.jpeg

If you have changed something in File types it’s better to reset all settings to default as there is no need to touch them

Thanks @stefano_mbp

But no go for me - exactly the same settings as you advise.. 

Can't understand why File Types shows me only Transcode mp3 with no other options, I reseted to defaults many times... Screenshot_2023-08-23-14-37-11-092-edit_com.opera.browser.thumb.jpg.303fcfeba163657aa999238ea892dc0f.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-23-14-35-59-844-edit_com.opera.browser.jpg

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

Yes, definetly … but it should work … 

I should try to reinstall Daphile from scratch ….

One more question:

Do you have UPnP/DLNA Media Interface installed as 2-nd instance to UPnP/DLNA Bridge plugin? Don't they conflict with each other? 

Before I go and reinstall Daphile, I'll try to reinstall UPnP/DLNA Bridge. Guess it's broken...