IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound Dac2SE Upgrade Revisited & Findings -- The Best Decision Unequivocally!

I'm about 70 hours in now. I'm sitting down and listening now. I know what others mean when referring to a DAC as "more musical". The music just seems to just jump more.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

So far my perception is that imaging is improved by quite a bit. I don't notice any mid range bloat if that's what you're referring to. If the recording isn't very good you will pick up on it. I listened to a few songs the other day that just were awful. Nothing smoothed over.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Man this DAC sounds fabulous after the upgrade. Brass and drums are killer.

• 3 weeks later...

If we have Windows 10 Creator we can eliminate drivers? Has anyone done this yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I have only good to report on my upgraded DAC2 v2SE. Detail, sound-stage, imaging......choose and audiophile adjective...........all superb and improved from DAC's former iteration. I would love to do an A/B of this against an MSB Analog DAC for fun.

• 3 months later...

Is anyone using the AudiophileOptimizer with their DAC? I just read the review of the DAC2v2SE on Audiostream and he claims an improvement. I know it was reviewed at CA with a thumbs up but was reading it should be run with Windows 10 Pro. Any input here is appreciated.

Coot. Just saw your post from July. I spoke with W4S and they compared the Anniversary to the regular SE as a huge jump. When I get the $$ I will jump to that upgrade.

Any recommendation on the AudiophileOptimizer?  You can email me if you want to keep that between us.

Keith

• 1 year later...

I've got I don't know how many more hours on my DAC2v2SE since the upgrade. I do know about two weeks ago to my ears the DAC improved even more. Why I have no clue but there it is. More break-in caused it?