IGNORED

Dirac room correction software, compatible with Audirvana?

I may swap out my 50/34 ultegra crank for an XT 38/28 (or maybe I should save my money and HTFU).

depends on the gradient of your fav routes, really. and, personal pain/pleasure preferences/tolerances.

HTFU is all well and good. but IMO, constantly over-driving vintage joints = not sustainable.

so, why not a nice lynskey or litespeed hardtail for when one has the inclination to go up sharper inclines? this way, just spin it lighter + faster for different fun some days. good cardio workout... and your back/knees may thank you too.

+1 to that!

A big thank you to team Dirac and especially to Flavio. My Dirac plug in and Audirvana are happily singing together.

Still learning the ropes of filter design and room measurements so that part may not be at the most optimum yet.

Mac OSX / Pure Music 1.8x / AudioGD NFB 10WM / Jeff Rowland Model 10 / Totem Mani 2

• 1 month later...
Dear CA forumers,

I share your disappointment, that issue is a vanishing target as many don't have it while others experience it daily to then sometimes see it disappear abruptly with no apparent reason.

In order to provide an immediate solution we will enable for you the beta plugin which, as far as I know, works well with Audirvana and Yosemite.

I have available the Mac version of plugins (DiracLiveAU.component + DiracLiveVST.vst) or the PC version that installs the VST plugin... please note that no support is officially provided for these beta versions.

It is a manual process though... I will enable it to all CA forumers who will send me a PM containing the email address associated with their Dirac Live license and their OS (PC or Mac).

Ciao, Flavio

Done :-)

Mac Book Pro 8Go RAM- 256 Go SSD (El Capitan - Pure Music + Audirvana + Dirac room corection) - Berkeley alpha USB - Dacs : Ayon CD5 + Shiit Yggdrasil - Isomax PC2XR - Preamp : Supratek Cortese - Power amps: Cary CAD 211 AE + Esoteric A03 - Integrated amp : Pathos Ethos - Speakers : Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I should have said hello a long time ago, following a little bit what's going on around Dirac Live and Audirvana, but I must say I was enjoying the music with minimal issues.

However, while I went through this thread again, I was wondering whether some of you using both audirvana and DAP have been also experiencing the following: as soon as I use direct mode in Audirvana (on El Capitan and before that on Mavericks), when I select a song with a sampling rate different from the current one set on the dac (or from the playing track), audirvana will load the track but play nothing. I just need to stop the track and play it again and everything will work normally, without any interference happening.

That is obviously not so much of a problem as compared to crackling sound some have experienced, but if anyone had experienced the same issue as I have, I'll definitely love to hear if you found a solution (besides unchecking the direct mode)

Barnabe