IGNORED

Moon 180 Mind setup

gche

Brief update from my side...

Spent the last week on the Minim Server Forum and it looks like the issues have been taken care of. The slightly modified 0.72 version I am now using on my DS412+ is running like a charm and all tagged content is now visible. Although the initial effort to get it up and running is somewhat higher than the native Synology Media Server, it is definately worth it in my opinion once your are finished. If anyone else fgures out how to solve the problem with the Synology product, it would be great if they could post it here. I am sticking with the Minim solution for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello MiND owners,

Are you still happy with it? Are you having any problems?

I think that I will get one in a few months, so any feedback is welcome. I have considered other products but this one seems to be the best for me.

Oh, the Channel Island VDC 12 can be used as an external power supply. It isn't on their web site so contact them if you are interested and no I am not a shill. :)

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello MiND owners,

Are you still happy with it? Are you having any problems?

I think that I will get one in a few months, so any feedback is welcome. I have considered other products but this one seems to be the best for me.

Oh, the Channel Island VDC 12 can be used as an external power supply. It isn't on their web site so contact them if you are interested and no I am not a shill. :)

Bump

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Bump

Sorry for not replying sooner but I have been traveling...

After going through a pretty steep learning curve, I really like the mind device. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and the app is quick and stable. From a sound perspective, the ability to connect directly to my DAC via XLR makes a world of difference. As a matter of fact, streaming from my NAS now sounds so good, that I have retired my CD player. (which was no slouch) On the down side, the support from Simaudio could be better and the power supply does not match the price tag of the device. If you are ok with that, then I can only recommend getting one and giving it a try.

Rgds,

Bacon

Sorry for not replying sooner but I have been traveling...

After going through a pretty steep learning curve, I really like the mind device. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and the app is quick and stable. From a sound perspective, the ability to connect directly to my DAC via XLR makes a world of difference. As a matter of fact, streaming from my NAS now sounds so good, that I have retired my CD player. (which was no slouch) On the down side, the support from Simaudio could be better and the power supply does not match the price tag of the device. If you are ok with that, then I can only recommend getting one and giving it a try.

Rgds,

Bacon

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Ive got one query- is it possible to configure mind 180 without the web access, in a local or home net(having the moon app in a touch ipod)

thx for the info

To my knowledge yes, the only functionality which you would not have is the firmware update.

You would still need a wireless router / wireless access point as the iPod couldn't connect direct to the Mind

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I do have a router, I quess I got it connected the way the manual says and the app can't still find the mind

Actually my router does not see it-could it be a question of compatibility?

The router in question - asusu rtn 16/the latest firmare

edit

It turned out that the unit(moon) I got was damaged