IGNORED

Upgrade from Grado SR80i

hello,

I have Grado SR80i cans which I am using with Beresford Caiman Gatorized DAC sourced from Macbook and A+ software. Now I am thinking what might be the nexr, rather big step to upgrade my headphones and really hear the difference? Maybe SR225 or do you recommend any other for Beresford?

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

It depends on your budget (you did not mention that) and if you are happy with the Grado house sound or want to get a more neutral sounding headphone. The drivers in the Prestige series are very similar. If you like the Grado sound and want an upgrade I would probably go for the 325i or the PS-500 (if your budget will allow). Otherwise, I would also look at Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, and Audio Technica cans. I'm not familiar with your amp, but you want to make sure your amp has enough power to drive whatever you select. In the case of Grados there should not be a problem, but some Audiophile headphones can be very hard to drive (AKG K701 for example.) Head-fi.org is another great place to get advice on headphones.