IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

I am considering a U1 mini as a hopeful upgrade from a UltraRendu?  I have a Small Green computer SonicTransporter which has 2tb of internal SS HD storage that I would like to continue to use for my library. The i5 specifies network DLNA protocol. If the i5 is plunged in my lan network will a Lumin see the i5 library? Is the U1 Mini a audible upgrade from a UltraRendu? 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:08 AM, wklie said:

@Vangelis You'll need to install MinimServer on the SonicTransporter if it's not already running:

188c1c40c3f744a4f7cb8a715f372f1eb3a9a109

Then you can select MinimServer as a library in the Lumin app.

My goal is to have a stable easy to streamer/server system. If I install MinimServer on the SonicTransporter will MinimServer run along side or simultaneously with Roon? 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

• 4 months later...

Ok, this is a pretty tough topic, but I’m looking for a Bridge between and my Sonic Transnsport i5 music server/ MinimServer (DLNA server) and my DAC. My three current top of the list potential candidates are:

1. Sonore UltraRendu powered by Uptone audio Ultracap LPS1.2  power supply.
  2. SOtM SOtM 200 ultra Neo (special edition)  powered by Uptone audio Ultracap LPS1.2  power supply.
  3. Lumen U1 mini with S booster power supply.

I’m trying to avoid purchasing a pile of boxes. By the time I were to install and fully break in and evaluate all these options, each on it's own merit, any return policy’s would long have expired.  Audio opinions vary pretty widely, however, I’m hoping there might be a general consensus out there regarding significant leaps in performance between one of these combinations over the other. In judging these differences assume that I would be cable up each optimally to the archive it’s best sonic performance.  I’m most concerned about overall refinement but I’m focused on transparency, image density and tonal balance. Any help would be appreciated.