IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

2 hours ago, erniejade said:

Congrats!!!   Did you get a different power supply? If not an sbooster power supply makes a big difference.  

I don't know about the isolation portion.  

Yes, I have the Sbooster set for 12VDC. Now I need to decide if I keep my Mytek Brooklyn, or let it go. Waiting for my BNC to RCA cable to do some listening tests. Great fun!

8 hours ago, wklie said:

It's a standard Ethernet port with a transformer for isolation.  Perhaps you may try do a listening test with and without the external isolator, after you've burned-in the D2, and see if you hear a difference.

Will do...how many hours of play time before the unit will be burned in?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Wklie

I'd like your opinion please on using the D1 as a preamp to directly feed my power amp through balanced inputs from the D1 balanced outputs. I'm currently using my Anthem AVR as a preamp through the RCA outputs/inputs. (no balanced connections available). Can I use the D1 as a preamp and control the volume with the D1? Would the balanced outputs provide a possible sound advantage over the RCA outputs if used in this way?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your insight

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for some guidance regarding the use of Plex with my Lumin D1 streamer. It's renewal time for my Roon subscription and I'm looking for similar alternatives at a lower cost. With Roon, I can stream losslessly to my Lumin. When I use plex to play music I get the Tidal integration with my library and many other nice features, but I can't find a way to stream to my Lumin. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

14 hours ago, wklie said:

@Chiller

Plex has a DLNA server - you can try using Lumin app with it and see whether it works or not.  Our standard recommendation is to use MinimServer with Lumin app.

If you want to use the Plex player UI and stream to Lumin, I don't think that's generally possible.  However, on an Apple device perhaps you can try to see if you can use Plex player in conjunction with AirPlay to send music as 16/44.1 to Lumin (with "Lumin Streaming" setting enabled).

Thanks Peter, I've tried Airplay from my macbook and it works, but was hoping to use the LAN connection

• 4 years later...

@wklie

With regards to the Lumin app, is there any work being done to add Amazon Music HD or Apple Music? I'd also really appreciate an interactive radio paradise ability - similar to their apps.(the ability to skip songs and see artist/track info) All of these services are available on other streamers, but they don't have the sound quality that I get from my new U2. Any update would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, thingswelike said:

LUMIN only plays from it's playlist, so no, clearing it will stop playback.
If you want music while clearing the playlist you could switch to a different streaming source - Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect, AirPlay or FLAC Radio will play instead of the normal App playlist.

Thanks for the response, that's unfortunate - hopefully that could be provided as an option - Roon can do it...