IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

I can confirm that price. It's up to the specific retailer to set their own price though.

Lumin »

After some digging, it seems the T1 is being sold for around 3.800 EUR.

I would still like to receive some feedback about its audio qualities, in particular compared to its more expensive brethrens.

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

The sonic qualities inbetween the T1 and A1 are very minor. The only real difference is the casing of the A1, which is much superior to the T1. This makes for a more rigid construction, potentially less sensitive to internal- and external vibrations.

After some digging, it seems the T1 is being sold for around 3.800 EUR.

I would still like to receive some feedback about its audio qualities, in particular compared to its more expensive brethrens.

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

My point exactly :)

Thanks a lot, that is useful to know. I read that the casing is smaller with the T1, but have some doubts that this would result in significant / audible sound differences (at least without truly high-end listening equipment which I do not have anyway).

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, wklie said:

http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-t2.html

Lumin T2 replaces the previous Lumin A1 and T1.

The essence of T2 is: Dual ES9028PRO, DSD512, same processors and FPGA from X1, analog output stage and clocking system derived from X1. The chassis is shaped like the original A1 but is done in a way to fit the T2 pricing. MQA Roon Ready Qobuz Tidal Spotify Connect TuneIn features as before. An internal power supply is used.

In addition to the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog outputs, T2 inherits the X1 feature of being able to be used as a streamer to output to an external DAC via USB or BNC-SPDIF.

A much appreciated release indeed.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, ehoz said:

Another great comparison I am interested in is the LuminUi mini vs Innuos zenith....

These are two quite different alternatives.

Lumin U1 Mini is a streamer only with a complete set of digital outputs and Roon endpoint support.

Innuos Zenith is a streamer and server (with internal storage) with USB output only which can be configured as a Roon server (and endpoint) by a flick of a switch.

Price wise - the Lumin U1 Mini is closer to the Innuos Zen (rather than the Zenith) with 1TB internal storage.

Most people choose one before the other based on functionality and specs.

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

• 2 years later...

4 hours ago, musicman1 said:

Long time reader but new member here. I was wondering what everyone's impressions were of the new U2 Mini. It seems like some of the upgrades are pretty good. Hopefully the Power supply on this can be upgraded just like the U1 mini. I'm anxiously awaiting some reviews when it comes out soon.

The very first U2 Mini units are on their way out as we speak...including the first ones for Sweden :)

Reports will certainly follow.

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se